Can I use this with a windows laptop?
I am planning on purchasing a Dell XPS 13 as soon as it is released, and I have a monitor I use to connect my current Dell Inspiron 1545. Will this adapter work for this? I may also need to connect this to a project at my school for a couple of presentations. Thanks for any answer in advance!
- Asked by Christian A from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with a windows laptop?)
2 Answers from the Community
No. It won't work. I just bought one from Apple store and tried on my XPS 13. The signal came on and off for some projectors. For older projectors it just won't send any signal. Safer to get Dell's own adaptor.
- Answered by Teng T from Petaling Jaya
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Dell XPS 13 does have a Mini Display port, so in theory this adapter should work and i would give 99% chance of working. It is just a simple port converter so if you want to use this you can since Belkin also has some. Also even if for some reason it doesn't work you can always return it. I would be shocked if it didn't work.
- Answered by Kyle K from Walnut Creek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can a Windows laptop wirelessly project onto a tv using apple tv?
- Asked by Robert L from Olivette
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Windows laptop wirelessly project onto a tv using apple tv?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.
- Asked by Tien D from Tacoma
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)