Can I put movies from iTunes on this?
- Asked by Kevin K from Elkhart
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I put movies from iTunes on this?)
2 Answers from the Community
You'd have to make a new iTunes library or put your entire old one on this, but short answer: Yes.
- Answered by Elizabeth B from Ridgewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Note: If you move your media to an external hard drive, you must connect that drive to your computer to access your files. Remember to back up the media you have in iTunes.
Choose iTunes > Preferences.
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Change button in the "iTunes Media folder location" pane. The Change iTunes Media Folder Location window appears.
Choose where you want to save your new iTunes Media folder.
Note: Your iTunes Media folder is named "iTunes Media" in ~/Music/iTunes/ (the tilde ~ represents your home directory).
Click the New Folder button in the Change iTunes Media Folder Location window. The New Folder window appears.
Enter the name of the new iTunes Media folder.
Click Open in the Change iTunes Media Folder Location window.
Click OK in the Advanced window.
iTunes 9 or later: Choose File > Library > Organize Library.
iTunes 7 or iTunes 8 for Mac: Choose File > Library > Consolidate Library.
In the Organize Library (or Consolidate Library) window, select "Consolidate files."
Important: All of your media files should copy to the new location. There must be enough hard disk space available to copy all of your media files.
After the folder copies, find your original iTunes Media folder and drag it to the Trash.
Important: Keep the iTunes library files that may be in the same location as the iTunes Media folder. Learn about the iTunes library files.
Quit iTunes and open iTunes again.
If you see the alert "The folder containing "iTunes Library" cannot be found, and is required. Please choose or create a new iTunes library," you may have moved the iTunes library files. You should move them out of the Trash and back to where they were.
If you can open and close iTunes without seeing the alert, empty the Trash.
- Answered by Nima T from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?
- Asked by Lynn D from Middlemount
- Flag as inappropriate (Can movies purchased from iTunes be put on to this & will they play when device is plugged into a normal TV?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I put movies and TV shows that I buy through iTunes on an SD card and then play them on the iPad either directly from the card or after transfer?
- Asked by Andrew S from Port Saint Lucie
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I put movies and TV shows that I buy through iTunes on an SD card and then play them on the iPad either directly from the card or after transfer?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit