Extra trays not for sale???
I contacted Promise to buy extra blank trays for this unit, which I bought from Apple with my new Mac Pro. Promise said they don't sell blank trays and referred me back to Apple. Apple said they don't sell blank trays and referred me back to Promise. What exactly is the point of having a unit with REMOVABLE drives if you cannot buy extra trays to swap in and out more hard drives? I bought this diskless unit to use with my own hard drives, the 6TB Hitachi drives, and they work fine in the unit but if I can't buy more trays what is the point?
- Asked by Joey J from Sioux Falls
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra trays not for sale???)
1 Answer from the Community
In your case, you simply unscrew the tray from the drive you're removing. This type of enclosure is not built to be a quick swappable drive dock like the newer tech voyager. Most users will only ever remove a drive when it has failed, which is hopefully not often.
- Answered by Eric F from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the keyboard tray removable?
- Asked by Ryan B from Garden City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the keyboard tray removable?)
- Asked about: Ergotron WorkFit-A Sit-Stand Workst…
Does the paper tray support envelope printing and other paper sizes?
- Asked by Keely S from The Woodlands
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the paper tray support envelope printing and other paper sizes?)
- Asked about: Epson Expression Premium XP-610 Air…