Does the case effect the wifi connection
Was bought an iPhone 5 for Xmas , was given a case it wasn't a genuine apple case, but as soon as I put it on if effected my wifi connection. If I stood by the router it would pick the wifi up but as soon as I walked away it lost connection . Will this happen with all covers?
- Asked by Judith C
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case effect the wifi connection)
3 Answers from the Community
Having the same problem, SPECK candy shell on - wifi range significantly reduced, shell off, normal range resumes.
Im reading that there were at least two wifi chipsets designed for the iPhone 5, one from INTEL and one from APPLE itself. The later seems to be the problem child.
The only fix is to get your mobile operator to swap the phone out.
- Answered by Neil K from North Brunswick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, absolutely not. I own one and it has no affect on the WiFi.
- Answered by Rahul A from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not that I have heard of.
- Answered by Chandler K from Deerbrook
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3