Can someone please confirm if this supports 802.11n (2.4Ghz only [802.11bn]) or 802.11g? tl;dr, is it 802.11n?
I know this 2.4Ghz only, but is it 802.11bn or 802.11g, the answer determines how much of an impact it'll have on a well implement wireless network.
1 Answer from the Community
To use your Wireless Music Systems AirPlay feature with a wireless N router, ensure the router is broadcasting using a wireless G (802.11g) signal, or a mixed variant including wireless G. Most routers will have this enabled automatically.
Wireless Music Systems are not compatible with Wireless N (802.11n).
This is cut and pasted, directly from Bowers & Wilkins' website (support section)
I hope this helps.
We've just had our broadband upgraded to Virgin Media which uses 802.11n but the router also supports 802.11g and the A7 is working just fine.
- Answered by John F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?
- Asked by Isaac I from Pacific Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (Does 2013 Time Capsule support 5Ghz 802.11 'N' or is 5Ghz only for 'AC'?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
If i have an 802.11g device, will that slow down my 802.11N or 802.11AC devices when using this router?
- Asked by Tristan T from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate (If i have an 802.11g device, will that slow down my 802.11N or 802.11AC devices when using this router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does this work with an 802.11n network running at 5Ghz?
- Asked by J Lynton J
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with an 802.11n network running at 5Ghz?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins A5 AirPlay Wireles…