Can I use this adapter with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Felix P from Newington
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, this converter works with the 27" Apple LED Cinema Display. However, this converter is single-link DVI and therefore cannot sustain a resolution higher than 1920x1200. The 27" has a native resolution of 2560x1440, so you'll need a dual-link DVI converter in order to be able to display at that resolution. If you have a 24", however, you're all set, since that monitor's native resolution is only 1920x1200.
- Answered by John C from Flower Mound
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Apple LED Cinema Display 27-inch display supports two input resolutions - either 2560 x 1440 or 1280 x 720.
The Kanex DVI to Mini DisplayPort Adapter supports up to 1920 x 1200 max resolution therefore the maximum resolution output will be 1280 x 720 on the Apple LED Cinema Display 27-Inch model.
- Answered by C W K from Augusta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Alex L from Bozeman
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
How do I connect two apple 30" LED cinema displays to a 27" iMac?
- Asked by Christopher B
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect two apple 30" LED cinema displays to a 27" iMac?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…