Has anyone figure out how to CLEAN the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks subwoofer?
One person, on another site, suggested taking the screws out and then easily cleaning. My screws are covered by plastic rubber tabs and they don't want to come off. Any suggestions anyone?..don't like the collection of bugs in the base.
- Asked by Angela D from West Lebanon
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone figure out how to CLEAN the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks subwoofer?)
1 Answer from the Community
TWO 'possible' ideas, Angela.
A 'canister' vacuum, such as an ELECTROLUX® that allows the hose to connect at opposite end and 'blow' air, instead of suction. The vacuum does not produce a force too great to damage the sub unit, BUT the hose/nozzle • • MUST • • be slim enough to leave room for air/debris to escape . . . this SHOULD blow the debris up and out. a suitable 'extension' MIGHT BE the cardboard tube from a long roll of aluminum foil!
SECOND . . . a can of air that artists & photographers use on prints and negatives. A sustained 'burst' or two may do the same as in the first suggestion.
In either case, the 'debris' WILL come UP and OUT, so watch your face & EYES!
• • DO NOT TRY WITH AN AIR COMPRESSOR . . . TOO STRONG AND THE 'AIR' GENERALLY CONTAINS A GREAT DEAL OF WATER VAPOR/MOISTURE! • •
- Answered by Jay L T from Lorain
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have the Harman Kardon SoundSticks 1 with the USB connector. I want to connect this to my universal iPod dock to use the speakers.
- Asked by Thomas B from Libertyville
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the Harman Kardon SoundSticks 1 with the USB connector. I want to connect this to my universal iPod dock to use the speakers.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Having trouble figuring out the ports. Is the far left one for Thunderbolt?
- Asked by David W from Fall River Mills
- Flag as inappropriate (Having trouble figuring out the ports. Is the far left one for Thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?
- Asked by Mitch D from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers