Which Macbook would best suit my needs?
I am a student currently going to study criminology in the fall. I will most likely be doing many power-points, as well as essay's. I currently have a Macbook Pro retina, but the battery on it will not be enough for my daily needs.
I currently use my Macbook Pro to watch Netflix, music, and school-related work. I like the SSD since I have bad luck with hard drives, (I previously had a Macbook Pro and the harddrive failed numerous times).
Would the new Macbook Air 13' (2013) or a custom Macbook Pro with an SSD be best for my needs?
Any help is appreciated!
- Asked by Adley M from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook would best suit my needs?)
1 Answer from the Community
I would suggest you consider the 13" MacBook Air. The MacBook Air's battery lasts much longer than your current rMBP; Apple estimates the Air at 12 hours. A custom MacBook Pro has the same battery life as your current rMBP, so getting a custom MacBook Pro doesn't help your battery concern.
For what you described (PPTs, essays, videos, music, school work) a MacBook Air should suit your needs fine and would last a few years. I would also suggest upgrading the RAM to 8GB, as the RAM is not user-upgradable, and just 4GB may not serve you well in terms of "future-proofing".
- Answered by David W from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the best Macbook to run Auto Cad and Creative Suite?
- Asked by Molie M from Kentfield
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best Macbook to run Auto Cad and Creative Suite?)
Which is more suited for me? A MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?
- Asked by Sharon Z from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is more suited for me? A MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?)