What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?
Looking to buy a Mac book pro and I don't know if I should buy new or buy refurbished.
- Asked by Kevin W from Belmont
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?)
4 Answers from the Community
I just purchsed a refurbished Mac Book Pro + Apple care and it's essentially like buying new, but I saved over $400
The Apple representative said they replace the outer shell and the battery (so there are no blemish or battery life concerns). He also said that a large percentage of the "refurb" products are actually new (not used), just undelivered.
No cons that I can see.
- Answered by John F from Port Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All Macs that have been refurbished are approved by Apple. Buying a refurbished laptop will be cheaper, but keep in mind, it has been used, so minor cosmetic damage, is likely to happen. If you buy new, it is more expensive, but you are gureenteed no cosmetic damage, or any other minor issues. I've talked with people who bought a refurbished Mac, and thought it was nice. I've also talked to people who had some issues with their refurbished Mac. But there has been more people I knew who thought they were good, then bad. If you are going for cheaper, buy refurbished. If you are going for no risks at all, go for new.
- Answered by Mason R from Los Osos
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The gentleman below is incorrect about the cosmetic condition of Apple Refurbished products. When they arrive, they are indistinguishable from brand new product.
- Answered by John F from New Orleans
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I think refurbished is the way to go. You save a lot of money and if there are problems Apple will take care of it.
- Answered by David A from Milwaukee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Do the new MacBook pros use the same battery as the old ones
- Asked by Sharon H from Salisbury
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the new MacBook pros use the same battery as the old ones)