How do I decide which mac computer is for me
I just check e-mails, download iTunes songs, pay bills, & surf the internet... That is it basically.
- Asked by Clydette Norman H from Danville
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I decide which mac computer is for me)
3 Answers from the Community
I can tell you right now, the Macbook Air is the Apple computer for you. It's the most portable and has enough power, but is meant for people who want an excellent experience but don't demand a ton from their computer. I would get the 13-inch model, just because it's nice to have the extra screen space, plus it has an SD card slot if you ever want to put pictures on it. I'd also spring for 256GB of storage; 128GB fills up quickly for most people. If you want to be sure your computer never slows down because it's trying to do too much at once, you could get 8GB of RAM too, but, realistically, 4GB will probably be plenty for what you're using it for and you'd be saving $100.
You really don't have to think about getting a desktop computer like an iMac, in my opinion. The only people who need those are people who use their computers a lot but are 100% sure that they won't need to move it around. The minute that you wish you could take your computer with you is the minute that getting a laptop would be worth it.
If you're just doing basic stuff like you're talking about and you don't do it very often, you could save a lot of money and still get a pretty good laptop from a different company. However, Macs offer an amazing experience and last a really long time, so, if you have the money, I can see why you would want once.
Let me know if you have more questions.
- Answered by Wesley L from Lapeer
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i do to recommend macbook air, you won't regret
- Answered by Cesar R. L from Bavaro
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The 13 inch Macbook air and if you would like to save money buy one refurbished same thing other then it had a problem and apple fixed it but doesn't come in a fancy box ;)
- Answered by Neil B from Kapuskasing
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How do I decide whether I need Mac Pro and Mac mini?
- Asked by Kim A. W from Mount Laurel
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I decide whether I need Mac Pro and Mac mini?)
I'm a graphic designer looking to invest in a new mac, trying to decide between mac book pro with retnia display or an imac for the bigger screen
- Asked by Kathryn L from Amherst
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm a graphic designer looking to invest in a new mac, trying to decide between mac book pro with retnia display or an imac for the bigger screen)