can i use iMac monitor as dual display for laptop
I am interested in adding an iMac 27" to my collection, however I need a dual monitor ability as well. Can I use the iMac monitor as a dual display for my mac book and my windows work computer as well. I currently have a VGA adaptor for my macbook to std monitor.
I perform many duties for work at home and need dual monitors.
- Asked by William L from Oviedo
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use iMac monitor as dual display for laptop)
1 Answer from the Community
Not directly, because the iMac has output capability to an external monitor but no input capability. I use a 17" MacBook pro with two external 24" Monitors and it's wonderful to have all of that screen space to make me more productive.
With a software app called Air Display from Avatron you can share your MacBook Pro or PC screen on the iMac.
- Answered by Daniel P from Tualatin, Or 97062
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect a laptop PC to a new 2013 27" imac and use as a monitor ?
- Asked by James S from Chadstone Centre
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a laptop PC to a new 2013 27" imac and use as a monitor ?)