Buying a refurbished Mac book. Yes or no?
- Asked by Dahna A from Tsawwassen
- Flag as inappropriate (Buying a refurbished Mac book. Yes or no?)
20 Answers from the Community
We bought a refurbished iMac in Oct. 2008; a 24" 3.06 GHz. It is still running great and has never had any hardware problems. We saved several hundred dollars and have not regretted in the least buying a refurbished mac.
- Answered by Cynthia A from Jeffersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. At first, I was skeptical about purchasing a refurbished Mac, but I'm glad I did. I purchased my refurbished, maxed out 13'' MacBook Air (2013) on 4/30/14 from Apple's website and I received it 2 days later and I love it!!! It is just like a new laptop and I saved close to $400!!!! The only thing is that it doesn't come in the original box. It comes in a huge white box, but other than that, packaging is nice and it comes with a new power cables and manual.
I've decided to purchase the refurb because of the 1 yr warranty and because I can get a full refund if I return it within the 14 day period, so I had nothing to lose, besides, I can also purchase the apple care.
This was a great investment and I will definitely purchase another refurb from Apple in the future.
- Answered by Lakesha D from Bronx
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes! I bought a refurbished Macbook Pro with 8GB Ram, 256 SSD, 2.4 GHZ i5 processor. I can't tell the difference between the refurbished one and a new one. Plus, it comes with the same warranty and ability to purchase AppleCare! Definitely a money-saving choice and well worth it if you find the right model!
- Answered by Marshall M from Aberdeen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Definitely; don't hesitate.
I've ordered refurbished MacBook Pros twice and each time they arrived in absolutely PERFECT condition, not a mark, not a scratch, not a dent, not a scuff. Absolutely MINT condition. They arrive with new cables, protective sheet on the screen and keyboard, etc. The only differences between a refurbished MBP and a new MBP is price and the fact that you don't get a nice white printed box, just a plain brown one.
I will continue to buy refurbished MBPs going forward.
- Answered by Ian L from Dartmouth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes! I purchased my 13 inch Macbook Pro back in the fall of 2010 from Apple's website, and I have had no major problems with it to this day. The product arrived within two days, and was in factory condition, all the accessories and manuals ect were new and inside the box.
My lifestyle is somewhat rugged, so I haven't kept the machine in the best environments, but I have used acceptable 3rd party protectors and coverings, the mac still runs efficiently and looks new whenever i clean it. Definitely a good value if you need or want a Pro but need to save as much money as possible. In fact, I plan on purchasing an additional refurbished unit within the month. Will get the Apple-Care this time around.
Until my personal finances improve, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase refurbished... from the APPLE-site I stress!
- Answered by Julius W from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
YES YES YES. I would recommend the Mac Refurbished to anyone wanting to get into the mac world and those who have been here since the beginning. I bought a late 2011 and a mid 2012 macbook pro 15". The warranty and support is the same as if it was new and the money you can save is awesome.
I would, however, recommend one thing.. BUY THE APPLE CARE! it's been a lifesaver when a computer had an issue and had to be sent in. So happy we have the applecare.
With our great experience with the refurbished store and apple's support both online, on the phone, and in the store, we now have 2 macbook pro 15", a macbook pro 13", 2 iPad, 2 iPhones, the airport extreme with time capsule and have even converted our business to apple. Now just can't wait until the new iOS and OS X.
- Answered by Christopher L from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I look to refurbished first when I look for anything Apple. I bought a 2010 11.6 inch macbook air and its still working fantastic, even though just 2 GB ram I run Mavericks with no problem. At the rate its going it will last a decade! My iMac was bought at the store but after my air purchase I Look to refurbished first :)
- Answered by James O from Etobicoke
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
I bought a Refurbished MacBook in 07 and it still works like a champ. No issues to report.
- Answered by Steven O from Elgin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
- Answered by Shelley W from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
I have never once purchased a new Apple device (exception is iPhone with service plan). I have had two iPads, one iMac, two MacBooks, and a MacBook Air with zero problems with any of them. Apple does a fantastic job of refurbishing devices providing me with a great savings on a product that meets my needs.
- Answered by Andrew H from St Louis Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
i have two refurbished mac products and they are just as good as brand new...just for less money.... so yes do it
- Answered by Steven J from Fort Saskatchewan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Definitely. Bought one (from apple) 3 years ago, sold it to a friend (it's still running strong - i7 quad core and I upgraded the ram to 16gb). Went back to pc, bought a refurb air for the wife (from apple), she LLLOOOOOVVVEEEESS it, so I bought a used MBP and am now considering a refurb air, if I could find one with an i7...my not-so-inner geek will not allow me to get anything less....
- Answered by Roger J from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
Yes, we bought a MacBook on refurb 5 years ago and it's still doing great.
- Answered by Alison K from Acworth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
I bought a refurb'd MacBook Pro. It was indistinguishable from new and I saved quite a bit of money. NO regrets...!
- Answered by Ivan B from Laurel
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
- Answered by Marie C from Birmingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
I say yes!
I bought a refurbished 15" Mac Book Pro and it is working like a champ.
I bought a brand new 13" and had to take it in for service. That is why I bought a refurbished Mac Book Pro.
I would do it again!
- Answered by Pierre C from Cedar Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
- Answered by Angel F from San Juan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
- Answered by Rene D from Mandeville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
- Answered by Harold C from Schuylkill Haven
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
Yes, great deal but you get in a while box only.
- Answered by Greg C from Dearborn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20