will the Iphone 5s work with wind mobile?
- Asked by Elvin S from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (will the Iphone 5s work with wind mobile?)
3 Answers from the Community
You need an AWS (Advanced Wireless Service) iPhone 5s to work with WIND. AWS standard is 1700 MHz. All models except A1457 and A1530 are compatible with WIND.
- Answered by Арсений М from Южно-сахалинск
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just picked up the current unlocked 5s model A1533 (ME296C/A on the box) and confirmed working great on Wind. Some notes on using it - make sure "Enable 3G" is turned ON under Cellular settings or you will get very weak signal and no data. Also different on Wind - FaceTime and iMessage only works with an AppleID, not a phone number, so just give your AppleID to friends you want to chat with - way more reliable talking to friends on iPods or Mac computers especially if you ever change your number.
- Answered by Goo G from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Just popped my Wind Sim into ME296C/A and it does not work. Shows the big 3 only as available networks. The user above seems to have no problem with it, can you please outline what modem firmware it is? Mine is 2.18.02.
- Answered by Bill K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will iPhone 6 work with WIND Mobile network in Canada?
- Asked by Kerry C from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Will iPhone 6 work with WIND Mobile network in Canada?)