will iPhone5 work like an iPod Touch even without a SIM card?
The iPhone5 will not do anything of what the iPod Touch does without registering with a NanoSIM card at a mobile phone company first.
Suppose the contract runs out and is not renewed. Will the iPhone5 go on working like an iPod Touch even without a current SIM card? E.g. downloading apps updates over WiFi?
- Asked by Josef N from Robina
- Flag as inappropriate (will iPhone5 work like an iPod Touch even without a SIM card?)
1 Answer from the Community
After waiting for my NanoSIM card a few days I have activated the mobile phone connection at the mobile phone provider's web site as instructed. Taking the SIM card out again the iPhone5 was still operative like an iPod Touch.
- Answered by Josef N from Robina
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the unlocked iPhone 4 work without a sim card?
- Asked by Lito B from North Highlands
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the unlocked iPhone 4 work without a sim card?)