do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?
My car charger has the 4s connection -- do I need to purchase a different adapter to charge the 5 in my car?
- Asked by Patti G from Southern Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
4 Answers from the Community
If your car charger has a USB port, then you can buy this cable and use it for your iphone 5.
If your car charger ends in a 30 pin dock connector, then you can buy the dock-to-lightning adapter, but it's $10 more than this cable. You'd probably do better to buy a car USB charger and this cable (I believe you can get USB car adapters for less than $10).
- Answered by Nicholas W S from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The lightning cable is a standard USB on one end, therefore you can use any USB car adapter.
- Answered by Jonathan R from Brunswick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The 4s uses Apples 30-pin Adapter. So if you have the iPhone 5 which uses Lightning you have 2 options.
1. Wait for the Lightning Car Chargers to hit the market.
2. Use the adapter found on Apples web site part number (MD823ZM/A). (Available October 2012)
- Answered by Steven B from Cypress
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes. You need the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. Then it should work just fine.
- Answered by Ben B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with car chargers that were compatible with previous iPhones 3 & 4?
- Asked by Lorna W from Wheaton
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this Lightning to 30 Pin adapter work with car chargers that were compatible with previous iPhones 3 & 4?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Can I buy a second lightning adapter
- Asked by Karen F from Pender Island
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a second lightning adapter)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter