Is it possible to use my ipad 4 in an area without wifi?
When I purchased the ipad I asked if I needed a telephone number associated with it, and was told no. I found out if I want to use the ipad (which I'm addicted to) in an area without wifi, I should have purchased one with a telephone number. What steps do I need to take to correct this issue?
- Asked by Cheryl F from Newington
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my ipad 4 in an area without wifi?)
1 Answer from the Community
When you purchased your iPad you were given the option to purchase iPad WiFi only or iPad WiFi and Cellular. There is about a hundred dollar price difference between the two. If you purchased the one with cellular capabilities, all you need to do is go to the carrier of your choice (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T), and have it "activated". If you only purchased the standard iPad with WiFi only, you can not just turn this iPad into one with cellular capabilities. One option would be to go to the carrier of your choice and purchase a MOBILE HOTSPOT. This will be like having portable WiFi wherever you go. Hope this solves your problem!
- Answered by Marriah H from Elkins Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
iPad mini or iPad for preschooler/wifi needed?
- Asked by Crystal C from Athens
- Flag as inappropriate (iPad mini or iPad for preschooler/wifi needed?)
No answers yet
Can an ipad air with WiFi and cellular get gps info in areas without wifi and cellular service i.e via satellite info only?
- Asked by Steve O from Aiea
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an ipad air with WiFi and cellular get gps info in areas without wifi and cellular service i.e via satellite info only?)
Does the iPad mini (WiFi only) do everything an iPhone can?
- Asked by Henry S from Caulfield Nth
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPad mini (WiFi only) do everything an iPhone can?)