Playing music via Apple TV
I intend to plug the HDMI out from Apple TV into my TV and the optical out from the Apple TV device into av receiver. can I then AirPlay music from ipod through the Av receiver without the need for the TV to be on?
- Asked by Sue H
- Flag as inappropriate (Playing music via Apple TV)
1 Answer from the Community
If your ATV is powered up and on the same wireless network as your iPod then it should show up as an AirPlay Output Device on the iPod - subject to IOS version(?). Your TV doesn't need to be on for this to work, but you will need to enable AirPlay on your ATV. Sometimes I need to restart my ATV before it is visible to other devices on the network and vice versa.
- Answered by John W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Whilst watching youtube music clips on my iPhone 5s, can i then watch them via my Apple TV that is connected via HDMI to my widescreen television?
- Asked by Darren T from Nailsworth
- Flag as inappropriate (Whilst watching youtube music clips on my iPhone 5s, can i then watch them via my Apple TV that is connected via HDMI to my widescreen television?)
can you airplay music or shows out to speakers via wifi
- Asked by Eli N from Shawnee
- Flag as inappropriate (can you airplay music or shows out to speakers via wifi)