can you add apps to apple tv?
- Asked by Jessica C from Annapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (can you add apps to apple tv?)
4 Answers from the Community
No but if you have iPad or iPhone etc. You can use airplay to play whatever app you have on there
- Answered by Patrick B from Orleans
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Well, so far haven't figured a way to do add APPs
to the TV.
You can use Air Play to mirror anything from
an iPhone, iPad or Macbook screens. It took some fiddling
but when both devices (Apple TV and Apple device) are on the same WIFI network
and Bluetooth is 'on' an icon appears at the Mac' top banner.
Its a rectangle with a small triangle inside. Click on that and 'check' APPLE TV
to start mirroring. We use it to play back Vimeo, stored
Movies, hi~res iPhoto slideshows and high~quality Youtubes from the Macbook Pro.
These are being displayed on a 1080 Samsung TV. Using a MBP
be sure to turn on Allow Air Play in Yosemite's Preferences (Displays).
'Mirroring' is a little finnicky and takes some patience.
It will quickly run down the MBP's battery so its best
to use plug-in power to the MBP. Since its mirroring .... you
display anything on your laptop's display. ( Suggest turning down the
display to 'dark/off' so its not a distraction. )
The iPhone is also really impressive; again watch the battery power and plug in.
From the Iphone the choice of Apps are virtually unlimited.
And an iPhone 6's dislay looks pretty good; sound quality on a
nice sound system is digital and as good as headphones depending on your setup.
We love Logitech's 623 sound system. Bon Chance !
- Answered by Stephen Hale A from Jamaica Plain
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Even though you can not add apps to apple TV you can add a podcast from the iTunes store to the apple TV. There is a podcast app on apple TV.
- Answered by Julie R. N from Myrtle Point
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Sandeep D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can you add ATRESPLAYER App to Apple TV?
- Asked by Diana R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you add ATRESPLAYER App to Apple TV?)
No answers yet