The Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo lets put both your Cinema Display or iMac and your MacBook Pro exactly where you want them. The adjustable arms allow for a considerable vertical lift of 16 inches/40.6 cm.
Flexibility and organization
The MobilePro Combo allows you to adjust and articulate your Apple display and MacBook Pro to any position—height, depth, tilt and portrait to-landscape orientation. Plus, the integrated cable management channels keeps everything neat, tidy and out of the way.
Strength and support
This universal design features a no-tension adjustment system for maximum safety and support of your Apple hardware. And it's backed by a 12-year Bretford warranty.
Mounting requirements: Proper installation requires a solid surface that is between 0.5 and 1.125 in./1.3 and 2.9 cm thick. Solid surface must be secured to a table base or something similar.
- Accommodates a Cinema Display or iMac that accepts a VESA adapter bracket and weighs 31 lbs./14.1 kg or less
- Also accommodates a 17-inch or smaller MacBook Pro
- Position your display for maximum ergonomic comfort to relieve eye, neck and back strain
- Free up more workspace on your table or desktop
- Add more ergonomic adjustments to your Apple hardware
- Perfect companion for your Apple wireless keyboard and mouse
- Rotate screen between portrait and landscape viewing
- Cable management channel keeps everything neat, tidy and out of the way
- Easy-to-use, simple installation and effortless operation
- No-tension adjustment system for maximum safety and support of your Apple hardware
- 12-year warranty
Did you notice?The flexible knuckles allows you to position the monitor and Mac portable at the best viewing angle—and cord management keeps everything nice and neat.
Apple Recommends ForPlacing a combination of your Cinema Display or iMac and your MacBook Pro in the perfect position to achieve maximum ergonomic comfort.
What's in the Box?
- Bretford MobilePro Desktop Mount Combo
- Mounting hardware
- Cable clips
- Installation instructions
- Weight: 14.0 lb./6.3 kg
- UPC or EAN No.: 96633328697
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: 12 years (For more details, please visit http://apple.bretford.com/files/downloads/Bretford-Warranty.pdf)
- Compatible with Macs and Apple Displays when used with the Apple VESA Mount Adapter Kit (not included). Proper installation requires a solid surface that is between 0.5 and 1.125 in./1.3 and 2.9 cm thick. Solid surface must be secured to a table base or something similar.
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic product with a few flaws
This double-arm VESA display mount is incredibly strong, fairly easy to install, and completely revolutionized my desk - the entir This double-arm VESA display mount is incredibly strong, fairly easy to install, and completely revolutionized my desk - the entire surface of my desk is now usable, and my display and MacBook Pro are perfectly positioned ergonomically. Just as great, I now cannot see a single cable - I hate cables, and that makes me happy. The finish on the post matches all my Apple gear, and the actual arms are over-engineered, rock solid, and easy to adjust.
I have a few criticisms, though. The black plastic cap is ugly (fortunately, it's hidden behind my cinema display). It requires you to drill holes in your desk (no clamp-mount option). Finally, although it includes self-adhesive felt pads designed to protect your lap top from the 4 brackets that hold it in place, it has no felt pads for the four steel bolts that hold those brackets in place. If you don't apply something to protect your computer, they will scratch the heck out of it. …
- Written by Joseph C from San Francisco
208 of 219 people found this useful
Very good hardware
We bought these for everyone at our office who uses a MacBook and a second monitor (anywhere from 21-27"). Very well received by e We bought these for everyone at our office who uses a MacBook and a second monitor (anywhere from 21-27"). Very well received by everyone.
With the beautiful integrated stand on the iMacs and Apple Cinema displays, you really won't save a whole lot of desk space -- but for MacBook users with monitors by other manufacturers this setup helps a lot. Plus a room full of them looks really good.
Only issue: you need to drill 5 holes through the top of your desk. Not a problem for us -- these should last as long as the desks they're mounted to. We're pretty sure we'll keep using them no matter what new machines/monitors we'll buy in the coming years. …
- Written by Aaron S from Calgary
145 of 151 people found this useful
Good not Great
I have owned this for about two weeks and it is extremely well build, solid materials and construction. I have it set up with a Th I have owned this for about two weeks and it is extremely well build, solid materials and construction. I have it set up with a Thunderbolt Display 27" and an iMac 27" and have had zero problems, supports the weight and the arms are easy to rotate. The only complaint I have is that you can really only position the displays on the x axis and have to unlock the arms to move them on the y axis w/ only about two inches of adjustment at each level. This makes it impossible for me to align the bottom of the display area on both screens its about an 1.5in off. This is a very slight complaint but one that should be made because the Ergotron desk mounts do not have this problem.
Another thing to consider is cable management, which is amazing unless you forget to connect all your cables when putting it together. For me it is impossible to remove the cable ties when in place, not sure why but I am almost at the point of ripping them out but do not want to damage them. I would recommend that If you do purchase this plan on routing all your cables before you use the cable clamps because they are hard to remove, I had to zip tie additional ones in the back.
Other then that it is nice being able to rotate my monitors in my room for watching a movie in the bed, or on the other side of the room on the sofa. Saves me from having to buy another TV. …
- Written by Patrick T from San Diego
144 of 150 people found this useful
Not as flexible as some want for aligning monitors, but really much more durable and well worth it. If you really need monitors th Not as flexible as some want for aligning monitors, but really much more durable and well worth it. If you really need monitors the same hight, you need to buy the same model/size.. You should be doing that anyway.
I have mine mounted directly into my desk. Supporting a 34" LG UltraWide (21x9) and a smaller 21" (16x9) screen.. …
- Written by Tim G from Kalamazoo
I have a "Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo" There is nothing negative on my part to say about it. It is almost like my butler " I have a "Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo" There is nothing negative on my part to say about it. It is almost like my butler "I am here to serve you" it says to me. We connect, I enjoy its design and the fact that it is perfect for viewing my recordings from Mastering off of Pro Tools 11, Garageband, Ableton, Etc. It works and it is attractive. …
- Written by Jorge P from Somerville
the good the bad and the ugly
Wow. Beautiful design. Fits two VESA monitors effectively on one stand. Yes! just what i was looking for!
But my desk is too t Wow. Beautiful design. Fits two VESA monitors effectively on one stand. Yes! just what i was looking for!
But my desk is too thick for the bolts they supply. I have a desk that has a top about 1.25 inch thick and the bolts just barely appear through the top of it, not enough to grab the unit. Nothing in the website or the materials says what desk thickness it is designed to handle.. So,
Call customer service, and am directed immediately to leave a message. No chat help available either. Left a message in the morning and no reply by end of the day! Fortunately I can maneuver around the shop and can find local suppliers of replacement, longer mounting bolts, at my additional expense.
next, the instructions are in metric (calls for a 8mm and 16mm holes in the desk), while the parts are SAE (1/4 inch and 5/8 inch). Matching the 5 desk mounting screws (through the bottom of the desk into the threaded ports) would be easier if they supplied a drilling template with centered drill points (like my doggie door does) but it took a good deal of finagling to get the five screws matched up with the unit.
if you can deal with these potential issues, and the total lack of responsiveness from customer (non)-service, the unit is really great! Love it!
Just be ready to roll up your sleeves... …
- Written by Anthony A from Santa Clara
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
how does the bretford attach to the desk. How the clamps attach and if they will fit to my 18th century leather top desk....Thanks.
- Asked by Brian B from Falls Church
The MobilePro Desk Mount requires you to drill 5 holes into your desk in order to secure the mount t The MobilePro Desk Mount requires you to drill 5 holes into your desk in order to secure the mount to the desk and would not be ideal for a leather top desk. …
- Answered by Jasan K from Lombard
is this compatible with any touchscreen monitor?
- Asked by Sinyoung K from Campbelltown
1) do you need to buy a separate adapter bracket with the mounting system and a 27" display panel
- Asked by Beth D from Murphys
How wide is the mount with a 13" macbook pro and a 27" thunderbolt display connected?
- Asked by Harry C
what cable do i need to connect the iMac to macbook
- Asked by Simon N from Coolum Beach
Are you able to turn the screens to face behind the stand. I would like to use this in a retail situation so I can show the customer something.
- Asked by Lachlan M from Currumbin Waters