Transfer video from a VCR, DVR, set-top box, camcorder or any other analogue video source to your Mac as an iTunes-ready file. The easy-to-use software guides you through each step, from connecting an analogue video source, to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it.
Simple one-click functions
One simple click adds your captured video to iTunes to sync with your iPod, iPhone and Apple TV. Edit your video right away in iMovie or play it in QuickTime and upload it directly to YouTube.
Connect any analogue video device to your Mac
Elgato Video Capture features composite and S-Video inputs allowing you to connect any analogue video device to your Mac, and it comes with a SCART adapter.
High-quality video capture for all regions
Elgato Video Capture handles NTSC, SECAM, PAL, and PAL/60 video and records in iTunes-ready, high quality H.264 or MPEG-4 files. Select between 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios to match the source video for optimal playback quality.
- Transfer video from a VCR, DVR, camcorder or any other analog video source to your Mac
- One-click export to iTunes, QuickTime and iMovie
- Direct upload to YouTube
- Features Composite and S-Video inputs
- Captures NTSC, PAL and SECAM
- Records in iTunes-ready high quality H.264 or MPEG-4 files
- Selectable 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios to match the source video
- Handy tool to trim the beginning and end of the captured video file
- Comes with Composite-to-SCART adaptor and Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Did you notice?After capturing you can edit your video right away in iMovie.
Apple Recommends ForCapturing video from analogue sources such as a VCR or camcorder so that you can edit and play the video on your Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Video Capture hardware
- Elgato Video Capture software (CD-ROM)
- Proof of purchase key
- Composite-to-SCART adaptor
- Composite video/RCA stereo cable
- Connections: USB 2.0, RCA Plug, S-Video, Composite
- Height: 1.18 in./30 mm
- Width: 0.47 in./12 mm
- Length: 2.87 in./73 mm
- Mac OS X v.10.5.6 or later
- Mac Intel Core Duo processor
- 512 MB RAM
- QuickTime v7.6 or later, iTunes v8.1 or later
- UPC or EAN No.: 852095000225
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Easy & reliable for old video tapes
I bought this to transfer a pile of old VHS home movies into iTunes. It could hardly be easier, and the quality seems quite good f I bought this to transfer a pile of old VHS home movies into iTunes. It could hardly be easier, and the quality seems quite good for only a hundred bucks (although I'd forgotten how crummy VHS looks compared to DVD).
The only issue I had is a couple of tapes had crinkled areas at the beginning, which it had a hard time with. But I was able to just skip forward a little bit to the non-damaged area and then it worked fine. …
- Written by Tech H
199 of 210 people found this useful
Occasionally choppy, but otherwise fine
Like the previous reviewer, I have also experienced some choppy video. The first few seconds of each recording are choppy (looks l Like the previous reviewer, I have also experienced some choppy video. The first few seconds of each recording are choppy (looks like dropped frames), and occasionally in the middle of recordings or after the transition from one scene to another. However, for > 95% of the recording it's fine. The recorded quality is good (my recordings are mpeg4 because I don't have enough hardware for H.264) and the software is exceptionally easy to use. I'm not sorry I bought it, but it is annoying to have to re-record video that was inexplicably choppy. I've asked Elgato for an explanation and will update this review if I get one. …
- Written by Howard T from Highland Mills
145 of 167 people found this useful
not good :(
Choppy recording. Almost un-viewable. Hopefully gets a software update or I'll have to return it.
- Written by David J from RANCHO CUCAMONGA
140 of 192 people found this useful
Issues with 3.0 USB
Nothing but problems since I purchased this. The video is scrambled because my brand new iMAC with 3.0 USB is not working well wit Nothing but problems since I purchased this. The video is scrambled because my brand new iMAC with 3.0 USB is not working well with this USB 2.0 device. I'm still trying to find a workaround. Spent more money like a sucker on a USB 2.0 powered hub at Elgato's advice and that did nothing. Plugged the device into my older 2.0 USB PC and it worked fine. Wish I had done my own research before purchasing - my fault. …
- Written by Nicholas D from Las Vegas
All around good
Was displeased at first but after some minor adjustments the result is amazing
-Running Macbook Pro '09
- Written by Ivar S from Trelleborg
Elgato Video Capture
This product was very easy to set up & use but the play back quality is awful,don't buy this rubbish
- Written by Shaun B from Street
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this adapter allow video recording in Quicktime?
- Asked by Peter Z from Toms River
Is Elgato good for capturing laser discs and editing in Adobe Premiere?
- Asked by Wayne W from Cloudcroft
What is the difference between Elgato and Roxio Easy VHS to DVD (Mac)
- Asked by Mark C
The Elgato-branded device outputs MPEG-4 video, while the Roxio device outputs MPEG-2 files (the sam The Elgato-branded device outputs MPEG-4 video, while the Roxio device outputs MPEG-2 files (the same format as commercial DVDs).
From - Tim E Robertson "Publisher MyMac" …
- Answered by Greg H from Buford
I have heard that Elgato Video Capture will not work with a Macbook Pro w/retina. Is this true, and if so, what options do I have?
- Asked by Steven D from Lake Elmo