Designed to support professional creative workflows, G-Technology's G-SPEED Studio is a hardware RAID four-bay Thunderbolt 2 storage solution that's configurable in RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10. Thanks to integral Thunderbolt 2 technology, G-SPEED Studio can offer sustained transfer rates of up to 700 MB/sec and the ability to daisy-chain via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports. G-SPEED ships with enterprise-class hard drives and is designed to handle multi-stream compressed 4K and 2K workflows. It also features a sleek black enclosure, smart fan technology and plug-and-play set up with your Mac.
Thunderbolt 2 is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch. Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Up to 700 MB/sec sustained transfer rates
- Thunderbolt 2 interface technology
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
- Enterprise-class hard drives for maximum reliability
- Supports multistream HD, 2K and compressed 4K workflows
- Hardware RAID, supports RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10
- Removable 7200 rpm drives
Did you notice?Enterprise-class hard drives help ensure reliability and data integrity.
Apple Recommends ForManaging professional multistream workflows together with your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-SPEED Studio hardware RAID four-bay storage system
- Four removable disk modules
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- Quick-start guide
- Other Features: RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Height: 27.41 cm/10.79 in.
- Width: 20.2 cm/7.95 in.
- Weight: 6.25 kg
- Length: 21.21 cm/8.35 in.
- Mac OS X v10.9 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03302
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487195385
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this come with hard drives?
- Asked by Matthew C from Colleyville
Yes, 4 drives are included in the 4-bay GSpeed Studio if a capacity is indicated in the product desc Yes, 4 drives are included in the 4-bay GSpeed Studio if a capacity is indicated in the product description, for example 24TB version includes 4 x 6TB Drives).
The GSpeed Studio drives can be configured in RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 but total capacities will only be realised in a RAID 0 configuration (in fact, as with any hard drive you will actually get a bit less than the total capacity stated, due to the way hard drive capacities are advertised (due to 1KB being counted as 1000 bytes when in fact it is 1024 bytes).
Likewise, 1024 Bytes = 1 KiloByte, 1024 KiloBytes = 1 MegaByte, 1024 MegaBytes = 1 GigaByte, 1024 GigaBytes = 1 TeraByte).
According to G-Tech's NAB announcement, the GSpeed Studio drives should come preconfigured out of the box as RAID5, instead of the usual RAID0 but I have yet to confirm this for myself. This will give you effective data redundancy if a drive fails from the outset (albeit at the expense of potential speed and capacity). This preconfiguration saves the user spending hours configuring the product as RAID5 before use if they wish to achieve this. Great work on G-Tech's part in my opinion. …
- Answered by George F
Do I need a separate RAID controller when using G-tech G-Speed 12TB RAID drive with 2.7GHz 12-core MacPro?
- Asked by Thomas B from Marina Del Rey
is the G-Tech 24TB G-SPEED Studio RAID with Thunderbolt 2 Storage Solution, a solid state hard drive?
- Asked by Matthew M from Centerburg
No it is not.
- Answered by Kjartan E from Portland