Offering a uniquely integrated Thunderbolt cable, the WD My Passport Pro portable RAID storage is an excellent choice for creative professionals in the field. It incorporates high-capacity dual drives and achieves speeds as fast as 233 MB/s* to help you meet critical deadlines for complex projects such as HD video. My Passport Pro also gives you user-selectable RAID and the durability of a compact all-aluminum enclosure.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Up to 233 MB/s data transfer rates*
- Dual-drive RAID storage
- Three-year limited warranty
- No AC adapter required
- User-selectable RAID 0/1 or JBOD
- Durable aluminum enclosure
- Choice of 2TB or 4TB capacity depending on model
Did you notice?For your convenience, the Thunderbolt cable is built into the unit.
Apple Recommends ForHigh-capacity, high-performance RAID storage that can go wherever you and your Mac go.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport Pro Thunderbolt Dual-Drive RAID Storage
- Integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: RAID support, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Height: 1.74 in./4.42 cm
- Width: 3.48 in./8.85 cm
- Weight: 1.59 lb./0.72 kg
- Length: 5.64 in./14.43 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBRNB0040DBK-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037822167
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Up to 233 MB/s speeds are possible on the 2 TB model and up to 230 MB/s on the 4TB model. Performance may vary based on hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this have 7200 rpm and work well with protools
- Asked by Michael E from Perth
So is it 2x2TB in RAID or 2x1TB in RAID?
- Asked by Loukas H from Maroubra
There are two versions available - at the moment (looking at the Australian store). Both are dual dr There are two versions available - at the moment (looking at the Australian store). Both are dual drives and the options are on the right side: 2 TB (2x1TB) or 4 TB (2x2TB). The price changes accordingly - depending on what size you chose. …
- Answered by Olaf B