Twelve South's Compass 2 stand offers a stylish, compact folding design that works as an easel and typing stand for iPad, iPad mini, and iPad Air. Upright as an easel, Compass neatly displays iPad in either portrait and landscape orientation—making it wonderfully comfortable to watch movies and iPhoto slideshows or page through a book. It's also a snap to transform Compass into a typing stand. Just flip down the secondary leg and this completely portable stand rests at an ideal angle for comfortable typing on the iPad onscreen keyboard. Once you're done, simply fold up Compass to store it in the included soft travel case, place it in your computer bag or backpack, and you're ready to roll.
- Folding, mobile stand holds iPad in both landscape and portrait modes
- Secondary leg positions iPad at the perfect typing angle
- Allows easy access to Lightning connector to charge and sync iPad while on Compass
- Engineered from steel and soft silicone for a solid, sturdy stance
- Holds iPad even if it's in an Apple Smart Cover or Smart Case
- Includes protective carrying case for travel
Did you notice?Displays your iPad in portrait or landscape mode, then folds for easy storage when you're done.
Apple Recommends ForPosition your iPad for watching movies or typing in comfort.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South Compass 2 Stand for iPad
- Form Factor: Stand
- Height: 0.5 in./1.25 cm
- Width: 1.18 in./3 cm
- Weight: 8.11 oz./230 g
- Length: 7.1 in./18 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1315
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002856
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
What is the difference between Twelve south compass stand and twelve south compass 2 stand for iPad l?
- Asked by Frederick H from Seattle
Just picked it up and as a Compass '1' owner, this new version improves:
- the back leg locks int Just picked it up and as a Compass '1' owner, this new version improves:
- the back leg locks into place so it's sturdier
- the rocking and slight tilt is gone from the original due to thicker legs and a more hefty frame
- although heftier, it's remarkably lighter
- has a better carrying case with a cinch string top
- the width when opened is more expansive and more pitched so the angle is better to read/watch
- more stable too
- the rubber accents are a bit more pronounced
Definitely worth it if you have used the original or want a simple stand with craftsmanship
and sleek looks. Love the fact that it's steel and not plastic. …
- Answered by Chris G from Totowa