The G-Technology G-DRIVE hard drive is a superb choice for projects on your Mac like digital photography, audio/video editing, and high-speed data backup that involve huge amounts of data. That's because its Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 interfaces can handle enormous traffic volumes. Plus it's plug and play on Mac OS X and ready to use with Time Machine. And G-DRIVE remains cool and quiet thanks to an all-aluminum enclosure with an integrated heat-sink system.
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports for ultimate high-speed data transfer
- Integrated heat-sink for near silent operation and cooling
- Solid all-aluminum case makes for durability and stylish looks
- Plenty of storage for digital video, music, and photo files
- Time Machine compatible
- Plug-and-play setup on Mac OS; easily reformatted for Windows
- Three-year limited warranty
Did you notice?The sleek aluminum enclosure delivers the best in reliability and durability.
Apple Recommends ForA perfect companion for your Mac and all your demanding applications.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE external hard drive
- Universal AC power supply
- Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 1.89 in./4.8 cm
- Width: 9.25 in./23.5 cm
- Weight: 2.94 lb./1.33 kg
- Length: 5.12 in./13 cm
- Mac OS X v10.7 or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (via reformat)
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G03050
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487193657
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How much data does G-Technology transfer per/sec, also I would like to know if this hard drive will work well with Pro Tools 10 or 11 while recording.
- Asked by Jeffrey R from Brunswick
Can this be used with iMac mavericks?
- Asked by Barbara S from Maryville
Is this drive 7200 RPM? Thunderbolt 1 or 2?
- Asked by Michael M from Dana Point
7200 RPM, Thunderbolt 1
- Answered by Gabriel M from Oceanside
Can this be placed and operated on its side, or does it have to lay flat?
- Asked by Marcello M from Las Vegas
No, it shouldn't be operated on its side.
It was engineered for optimal ventilation while flat and No, it shouldn't be operated on its side.
It was engineered for optimal ventilation while flat and elevated by its case off the surface it's sitting on.
My engineering opinion is that you might get away with running it on its side, but is that a chance you want to take?
Are you willing to risk shortening the life of the drive and possibly losing its content? Your tolerance for risk is the answer to your question. …
- Answered by Dave A from Simi Valley