SANLink2 8GFC Thunderbolt 2 adapter offers dual 8 Gbps Fibre Channel ports that will auto negotiate with 8Gb, 4Gb, 2Gb, and 1Gb FC devices and is compatible with Apple 8 Gbps SFP-SFP cables, as well as optical SFPs with optical cabling. The SANLink2 adapter runs at full-duplex bandwidth over a single Thunderbolt 2 connection and delivers full native FC speeds. Dual Thunderbolt 2 I/O ports allow SANLink2 to daisy chain up to a total of six Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 devices, including products such as PROMISE Pegasus2 Thunderbolt 2 RAID storage systems, Apple Thunderbolt Displays, and Mini DisplayPort devices.
SANLink2 enables any system with Thunderbolt I/O technology—such as the new Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, or Mac mini—to connect to the Fibre Channel SAN. SANLink2 is a fully qualified solution for OS X and Xsan. Now any of these systems can connect to or act as Xsan metadata controller without system type limitations. SANLink2 is the perfect qualified companion for use with PROMISE VTrak x10 and x30 series Fibre Channel RAID subsystems, as well as other industry-standard Fibre Channel enabled storage devices.
About Thunderbolt 2
Simple and elegant in design, SANLink2 delivers a complete out-of-the-box solution; simply plug your SANLink2 with power adapter into a Thunderbolt port.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Dual 8 Gbps Fibre Channel ports
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Backward compatible with original Thunderbolt enabled systems and devices
- Auto negotiate with 8Gb, 4Gb, 2Gb, and 1Gb FC devices
- Qualified with OS X v10.8.5 and 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Qualified with Xsan and StorNext
Did you notice?Simply plug into a Thunderbolt port and power adapter and start working—no software installation required.
Apple Recommends ForDirectly connect any Thunderbolt-equipped Mac directly to a Fibre Channel SAN.
What's in the Box?
- PROMISE SANLink2 Thunderbolt 2 to 8 Gbps Fibre Channel Adapter
- Thunderbolt cable (1 m)
- Quick start guide
- Power adapter
- Connections: Fibre Channel, Thunderbolt 2
- Mac OS X v10.8.5, v10.9 or later
- SFP FC Module, one per port
- Mac with Thunderbolt port
- Xsan 2.0 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: F29SANL22000005
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118096152
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years