The premier storage choice for creative audio/video professionals and multimedia enthusiasts around the globe, the PROMISE Pegasus2 now can deliver even faster performance with the new 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 technology, while assuring enterprise-class reliability and ease of use.
Blazing speed for creative workflows
The Pegasus2 is the fastest Thunderbolt 2 storage solution available, delivering raw power for audio/video/graphics amateurs and professionals alike to experience new capabilities with ease. Final Cut professionals can ingest, edit, and playback multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video while protecting valuable workflows, audio sessions, and other creative media content.
Simple, flexible, and cost-effective backup solution for SOHO
Fast, safe, and reliable external storage is essential when protecting your valuable files such as music, photos, and videos. The hardware RAID capabilities of the Pegasus2 family protects all of the memories that were meant to last a lifetime that could be impacted from single drive failures, while simultaneously providing data protection and high reliability. The Pegasus2 family provides fast performance for popular applications such as iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Photoshop, and media center applications. Backup your irreplaceable digital media, documents, and also your entire computer or workstation to Pegasus2 with Time Machine in OS X.
Easy to use, quiet, and eco-smart
Pegasus2 systems are user-friendly, and come pre-configured straight out of the box—so you can just plug in and start using. Status, management tools, and advanced settings can be accessed via the built-in Promise utility. Engineered to be eco-friendly and RoHS compliant, Pegasus2 is perfect for SOHO and SMB environments.
Enterprise-class RAID protection
Pegasus2 features enterprise-level RAID storage protection for your data, supporting a broad range of RAID levels as well as automatic error handling.
- Choice of raw capacities: Either 12TB (9.7 TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+) or 18TB (14.7 TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+)
- Advanced RAID engine, supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Robust error handling provides superior data protection
- Reliable, rugged yet elegant enclosure, ultra-quiet design
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy chaining up to six Pegasus units, Apple Thunderbolt Displays, or Mini DisplayPort devices
- Hot-swappable bays for effortless drive access and serviceability
- Built-in Promise Utility for systems management and advanced settings
- Backward compatible with 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt hosts and devices
Did you notice?Pegasus2 systems come pre-configured straight out of the box—so you can just plug in and start using them.
Apple Recommends ForTake advantage of 20 Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 performance for creative audio/video projects on your Mac Pro.
What's in the Box?
- PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 (12TB model has six 2TB 7200-rpm drives; 18TB model has six 3TB 7200-rpm drives)
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: RAID Support, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2
- Power: 78W max load (read and write); 55W idle mode
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 9.88 in./25.1 cm
- Width: 7.36 in./18.7 cm
- Weight: 19.6 lb./8.9 kg
- Length: 9.84 in./25 cm
- OS X v10.8.5 or later (OS X Mavericks ready)
- Available Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number: F40SR6R00100000
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118095582
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Two years; extended warranty options are available, please contact Promise for details.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Apple Support Says to never put FCP libraries on a RAID. So, why do these drives come that way and say they support FCP?
- Asked by Joseph F from Citrus Heights
Can this be configured as JBOD? (6 individual volumes without raid).
- Asked by James G from West Chester
(Source: I tried it already)
- Answered by Patrick L
What Drive manufacturer / model should be Purchased for a 3TB swappable spare
- Asked by Fred F from Overland Park