The Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub lets you connect up to four USB enabled devices to your Mac or MacBook at the same time. Easy to install, the USB 3.0 connection provides up to ten times faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0, as well as quicker device charging.
- 5 Gbit/s transfer rate
- Fast charging
- Simple installation on your Mac
- Compatible with all USB 2.0 devices
Did you notice?The Belkin USB 3.0 Hub is compatible with all UBS 2.0 devices.
Apple Recommends ForKeeping all your Apple devices connected to your Mac simultaneously.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin USB 3.0 4-Port Hub
- Power supply
- USB 3.0 cable (1.2 m/3.94 ft.)
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868953044
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Syncs to your iPad, but does not support charging
Ratings & Reviews
Belkin 4 Port 3.0 hub
I purchased this hub & connected it to a new well equipped 27" iMac. It performed flawlessly with both USB 3.0 & 2.0 devises conne I purchased this hub & connected it to a new well equipped 27" iMac. It performed flawlessly with both USB 3.0 & 2.0 devises connected. A significant speed increase over my USB 2.0 previous hub. No complaints. …
- Written by Terry L E from Enid
57 of 61 people found this useful
DO NOT BUY!
First of all, they hide the fact that it not only has a wall wart, but only a 3' power cable. The only way you can even use this First of all, they hide the fact that it not only has a wall wart, but only a 3' power cable. The only way you can even use this thing, unless you have a power outlet within 2 1/2' of your hub, is to get an extension cord. That just looks horrible. Then, the connections aren't on the back, they're on the side. So, no matter how hard you try, your desk looks like a jumbled mess. For $60, I expect more. Bad call Belkin, and bad call Apple Store for selling this junk. I never even tried it, so I cannot tell you if it even works. I'm taking it back at lunch! …
- Written by Justin C from Antioch
23 of 30 people found this useful
Doesn't do the one thing I needed...
I purchased this Hub to power and run an external superdrive (legacy - hah) on my MBP Retina. This hub does not work in conjunctio I purchased this Hub to power and run an external superdrive (legacy - hah) on my MBP Retina. This hub does not work in conjunction with apple's superdrive. Style-wise it looks great. I don't like the power plug and master usb port connecting to the side... that was a bad move, it should be in the back unless you don't care how your desk looks. Also, the power plug is 3'3" not a deal-breaker but way too short. I'll be making the hour long drive back to apple to return this as soon as I can. …
- Written by Christopher W from Haleiwa
32 of 48 people found this useful
Belkin usb 3 hub
Does not reliably charge an iPhone. Sometimes does, sometimes does not even if iPhone recognized as connected to my MacPro. Better Does not reliably charge an iPhone. Sometimes does, sometimes does not even if iPhone recognized as connected to my MacPro. Better to connect directly to the Mac. Only useful as a basic hub for non energy dependent devices. In that way, connecting to an outlet is useless. I won't return it since I connect usb keys and a flash card reader but if you intend to be able to reliably charge your phone, don't by this …
- Written by Andre R from St-Lambert
Great... but inconsistent
The 4 ports with USB 3.0 is priceless. The unpredictable power management in this device is not what I was looking for. I use this The 4 ports with USB 3.0 is priceless. The unpredictable power management in this device is not what I was looking for. I use this with a 13" MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013. The Hub often "falls asleep" - loses power and functionality. I unplug and re-plug it into the USB port, but it doesn't wake up. I have to unplug and re-plug the power, which is a pain to have to do every time I want to use the device. I may have to return it if this continues.
I would not recommend this USB Hub. It looks great, and it is fantastic when powered and working... it's just unreliable. …
- Written by Jesse D from Wauwatosa
There's too much that isn't told, or conflicts
This hub is totally unsatisfactory:
1) It uses a Micro-B connector which I've found to be unreliable and results in interrupted c This hub is totally unsatisfactory:
1) It uses a Micro-B connector which I've found to be unreliable and results in interrupted connections.
2) They don't mention the chipset or firmware to ensure compatibility. I also bought an earlier model that was totally unreliable.
3) They don't list the current available for charging, only referring to it being "fast". What? If only the USB 3 standard, that's 900 ma, short of the 1A normally provided by Apple iPhone chargers.
4) It won't charge an iPad.
5) The power adapter only has a 1 meter cable, not long enough to reach from the desk to an outlet without adding an extension cord.
6) Why aren't the specifications listed for the technically inclined.
7) It's way too expensive for what you get. …
- Written by Tim T from SAINT PAUL
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this hub support a usb superdrive plugged from my MAC air?
- Asked by Paul F from Oak Harbor
No. This is not, however, a limitation of the hub. The superdrive itself does not support being co No. This is not, however, a limitation of the hub. The superdrive itself does not support being connected through *any* hub. It is designed to be plugged directly into the mac and only works that way. Several folks have given the hub bad reviews bc of this, but it has nothing to do with the hub and those reviews should be removed. …
- Answered by Sterling Q from Fredericksburg
will this support an ipad air fast charge
- Asked by Bruce S from Warminster
Does this hub support a bus-powered small 2 1/2" HD like the G-Tech slim or mobile?
- Asked by Dennis P from Palm Harbor