Part of G-Technology's Evolution Series, G-DRIVE ev is a flexible, ruggedized* USB 3.0 hard drive with a transfer rate of up to 136 MB/s. You can use it as a standalone device or paired with an Evolution Series G-DOCK ev to optimize your creative workflows.
- High-speed USB 3.0 interface
- Up to 136 MB/sec transfer rates
- Pair with G-DOCK ev or one of multiple adapters to work with a variety of interfaces
- Capture, transfer, and distribute—all with one storage solution
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Works with Time Machine, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS
- Stylish aluminum case
Did you notice?Place this drive in a G-DOCK ev to increase capacity and take advantage of the Thunderbolt interface.
Apple Recommends ForSpeed creative workflows on your Mac whether you're on the road or in the office.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE ev hard drive
- USB 3.0 Cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick start guide
- Other Features: Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered, USB
- Height: 0.65 in./1.65 cm
- Width: 5.12 in./13 cm
- Weight: 10.08 oz./285.76 g
- Length: 3.31 in./8.41 cm
- Mac OS v10.6 or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (via reformat)
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02723
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487192049
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Can withstand a 3.3-foot/1-meter drop to a carpeted concrete floor.
Ratings & Reviews
Great and Versatile
I have two G-Drive docks, one at home and one at the office, and 5 of the 1TB ev modules. They work great for Time Machine backups I have two G-Drive docks, one at home and one at the office, and 5 of the 1TB ev modules. They work great for Time Machine backups as well as moving data to and from the office. Fast, quiet and well designed. …
- Written by Mark A from Plymouth
5 of 5 people found this useful
The second time I plugged this in, it stopped working on its own! I'm horrified
- Written by Zeenat U from Fremont
27 of 56 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the USB 3.0 connector on this drive plug into and work with the USB 1.0 connector on an older (flat style, not newer tall style) Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Colin And Alyssa B from Poulsbo
is this drive bootable? can it be used in place ot the internal drive?
- Asked by Allan F from Las Vegas
All USB hard drives will work as a bootable drive for Macs with an Intel CPU. If you have a PowerPC All USB hard drives will work as a bootable drive for Macs with an Intel CPU. If you have a PowerPC based CPU, you will need an external drive that has FireWire. …
- Answered by Rob D from Fulton