The WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo dual-drive storage system gives you the ideal combination of performance and capacity. And thanks to two Thunderbolt ports you get the superior data transfer speeds that only Thunderbolt technology can offer. Daisy-chain multiple devices through My Book Thunderbolt Duo and enjoy nearly unlimited flexibility and performance in your creative life.
- Revolutionary Thunderbolt technology with two Thunderbolt ports for high-speed data transfer
- Dual-drive storage system with user-selectable RAID 0/1 that automatically duplicates your data
- Compatible with Time Machine
- User serviceable hard drives
- WD SmartWare automatic continuous backup software
- HFS+ formatted
- Daisy-chain multiple devices like HD monitors, video and audio editors and media players for nearly unlimited productivity
- Handle video editing, 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive projects simultaneously
- Includes Thunderbolt cable
Did you notice?If you fill up a drive and need to replace it, simply open the case and exchange the existing drive—no tools needed.
Apple Recommends ForStore and backup data from your Mac at the unprecedented speeds of Thunderbolt technology.
What's in the Box?
- WD Dual-drive storage system with Thunderbolt connectors
- Thunderbolt cable
- AC adapter
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Kensington Port,RAID Support
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Width: 3.9 in./9.9 cm
- Weight: 4.73 lb./2.15 kg
- Length: 6.2 in./15.7 cm
- Mac OS v10.5, v10.6, or v10.7/Windows XP/Vista/7 (requires formatting)
- Thunderbolt port
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBUTV0080JSL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037817910
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
Skip LaCie and get this instead
I upgraded to a new iMac with a larger HD, no FireWire, and Thunderbolt. This meant I needed a large-capacity Thunderbolt disk for I upgraded to a new iMac with a larger HD, no FireWire, and Thunderbolt. This meant I needed a large-capacity Thunderbolt disk for Time Machine backups. The desire to run a RAID-1 configuration for redundancy further drove up my storage capacity needs.
I originally tried LaCie's "2big Thunderbolt" product but quickly returned it when I discovered this gem from Western Digital. Compare to the LaCie, the WD is smaller, sleeker, quieter, and significantly cheaper. It also works with Kensington's cable locks, which the LaCie lacks. Finally, WD's drive utility software is simpler and cleaner, and unlike the LaCie, does not have to run in the background all the time.
This would be a 5-star review except for two nits. First, instead of a separate power "brick," the plug itself is huge. This crowds out two neighboring outlets on my UPS. Second, LaCie's mechanism for hot-swapping the internal drives is much easier (which isn't to say that the WD is difficult at all). …
- Written by George M from Madison
6 of 6 people found this useful