Listening to music is easier than ever with the Bose® SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi Music System. It lets you wirelessly stream iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and the music library on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the touch of a button. If you have an existing home Wi-Fi network, you’re ready to enjoy rich, room-filling sound anywhere in your house. All from a compact system you can place just about anywhere.
- Play music wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with AirPlay
- Enjoy wireless access to iTunes Radio, Internet radio, Pandora, and your music library
- Listen to your favorite music at the touch of a button with six personalized presets
- Experience clear, room-filling sound from a compact system you can place just about anywhere in the home
- Works with your existing home Wi-Fi network—no extra equipment necessary
- Free SoundTouch™ app for your Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch provides more powerful control, or use the included remote for quick control
- Easily add additional system at any time for a multi-room listening experience
- Along with Wi-Fi, source connections include a 3.5mm auxiliary input
- Ethernet port in the back allows for wired network connection
Did you notice?Personalized presets let you select your favorite music with the push of a button.
Apple Recommends ForShare the music on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac with wireless convenience.
What's in the Box?
- Bose SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi Music System
- Remote control
- Power cable
- USB cable
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Drivers: Two 60mm full-range drivers
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 7.4 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 12.4 in./31.5 cm
- Weight: 7 lb./3.18 kg
- Length: 4.1 in./10.4 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 355589-1200
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817610087
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit http://www.bose.com/customer_service/owners/warranty/index). Apple is an authorized Bose dealer.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms …
1 800 MY-APPLE or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Most versatile WiFi and AirPlay speaker on the market!
An incredibly versatile WiFi speaker with the size and performance fit for just about any room in your home. AirPlay streaming wor An incredibly versatile WiFi speaker with the size and performance fit for just about any room in your home. AirPlay streaming works just like any other AirPlay speaker, but with the SoundTouch app you have access to much more, like Pandora and thousands of streaming internet stations. The programmable preset buttons work just like the presets in your car, so you can tune in to a favorite internet radio station, pandora channel, or even stream from your iTunes library, at the touch of a button, without having to take your iPhone out of your pocket if you don't want! AND, with multiple systems, the Play Everywhere feature as well as independent controls are incredible for a house full of great sound! …
- Written by Nate N from PORTLAND
20 of 25 people found this useful
Good idea but still need to improve a lot!!!
After installing my Bose, everything went fine... airplay working properly with all devices, preset fine, Bose app ok. But:
1) After installing my Bose, everything went fine... airplay working properly with all devices, preset fine, Bose app ok. But:
1) when you load a library on Bose library or,
2) when there is a change or you have to reset your network... then, a nightmare starts, no airplay, only presets!!!
Restarted, then, reset to factory settings 100x, and no AIRPLAY, which was the aim of buying this device!!!
And still trying to setup AGAIN!!! …
- Written by Javier L from Málaga
15 of 23 people found this useful
Works for me
Obviously great sound from the Bose product. The SoundTouch 30 is awesome - but for not for an additional $300.
I didn't hav Obviously great sound from the Bose product. The SoundTouch 30 is awesome - but for not for an additional $300.
I didn't have any problem setting up the SoundTouch. The secrets to ease of use is loading the SoundTouch app on you iPhone or iPad, selecting your six channels, and, making sure your computer's Energy Saver is set to "never".
So why not 5 stars? Although the iPad / iPhone app controls the speaker unit(s) and the SoundTouch comes with a remote control to do the same, the speaker unit does not have the same song back, song pause, or song advance song buttons; in the event it is more convenient to just reach out to do so. …
- Written by mark G from vestal
6 of 6 people found this useful
Excellent using Airplay; Poor on Bose's Network
Overall I am happy with the Bose Soundtouch 20 but only because it supports airplay and that works extremely well. I have never ha Overall I am happy with the Bose Soundtouch 20 but only because it supports airplay and that works extremely well. I have never had a problem using Airplay with the Bose Sountouch. If you want to make use of the preset buttons at the top of the speaker (so called Soundtouch) which relies on Bose own network then it is simply not reliable. Sometimes it works but a lot of times it simply doesn't. Bottom line - if the main purpose is to rely on Airplay for your music streaming - it works great. If on the other hand you want to use the Soundtouch buttons and therefore the Bose network which it relies on - I suggest you look elsewhere at least until Bose gets its act together. …
- Written by Andrew L from ORLEANS
1 of 1 people found this useful
Amazing sound, easy to set up, LOVE IT
I was looking for a speaker for my home office, that I spend about 6-10 hours a day in, that wouldn't tax my CPU, but, that I can I was looking for a speaker for my home office, that I spend about 6-10 hours a day in, that wouldn't tax my CPU, but, that I can control from my desk.
The Soundtouch 20 is fantastic in this application. Set up took about 10 minutes, and now I have the six presets set with two Pandora channels, two local radio stations that transmit over the net, and two international radio stations that do the same - one being News from "home" , the other being a french Jazz station. And the quality is amazing. I'm listening to the "Andy McKee" Pandora channel as I write this - smiling hard.
The remote is radio, not line of site IR - which is great - since I have the unit behind my monitor across the room, and I don't have to point the remote at it. Also, I can turn it one and off from my iPhone - kind of cool.
Bottom line - if extraordinary sound quality in a tight, easy to set up package is what you are looking for - you found it. …
- Written by Brian H from San Antonio
1 of 1 people found this useful
Unreliable and soooooo disappointing
I bought this product hoping to have a high quality audio system for my office. I was sold on the AirPlay feature right away. I ha I bought this product hoping to have a high quality audio system for my office. I was sold on the AirPlay feature right away. I have a house full of "i" devices and I loved the idea of combining the fidelity of AirPlay and the convenience of less cords to clutter things up. However, 99% of the time none of my devices can find it as an available AirPlay source. When I open up the Bose app for iOS or MacOS, usually only the iOS devices can find it. And that app completely eliminates the usefulness of the AirPlay features because it has to connect to my Mac for a music library, which it always forgets, and says that I have to set it up again. So I do, and it works for about 5 minutes and then forgets my iTunes library location on my Mac or some nonsense and insists on going through the entire set up process again! Every single time that it has decided to work with AirPlay, half way through the song it suddenly quits playing and disconnects. Then I try to get it working again and you'll never guess what it wants? To go through the setup process again! As for those few gleaming moments it has decided to work? Crazy ridiculous feedback! I play the same song on any other device in my house... no feedback.
Pros: Looks high quality, Bose name, AirPlay (in theory)
Cons: Airplay never works, static is terrible, speaker sometimes turns up or down the volume by itself, usually only works through Bose's app (at that point why not get a SONOS if you're stuck using the OEM's app. …
- Written by Cody C from Salt Lake City
2 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can the speakers be connected by wi-fi to TV and I-pad features....other than included in the saved Library ?
- Asked by Rajesh S from Kuala Lumpur
can these speakers be used with macbook air?
- Asked by Gary H from Auke Bay
Yes it can, if your iTunes is on the macbook then you can stream that to the bose.
- Answered by Jason K
Can this be used as an alarm clock as well?
- Asked by Paris J from Mississauga
Will this unit pickup and play local FM Radio Stations
- Asked by Graham H from Surfers Paradise