Sleek and minimalist, the Tech21 Impact Mesh case for iPad delivers serious protection thanks to the D3O material used in its construction. That's possible because the molecules within D3O lock together to absorb the energy of an impact and disperse it away from your iPad.
The Impact Mesh case wraps around the corners and back of your iPad, providing a secure fit and maintaining full access to all ports and function buttons. Plus it's fully compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- Fully integrated case with D3O military-grade impact protection material
- Dotted design for sleek, minimalistic look
- Encases all sides of the iPad to provide a secure fit and feel
- Full access to all ports and function buttons
- Slim design ensures full protection without added bulk
- 100% compatible with the Apple Smart Cover for full protection (Smart Cover not included)
- Cases for iPad are compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation); cases for iPad mini are compatible with all iPad mini models
Did you notice?D3O military-grade material works at the molecular level to absorb the energy of impacts.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your iPad in the same pristine condition as the day you bought it.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: D3O, TPU
- Height: 0.71 in./1.8 cm
- Width: 8.46 in./21.5 cm
- Weight: 4.83 oz./137 g
- Length: 11.02 in./28 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-3455
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517324168
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
1 800 MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Do Not use with 3rd Generation iPad
* based upon my experience with the 3rd gen iPad released in 2012
The Tech21 Impact Mesh Case is both sturdy and attractive. U * based upon my experience with the 3rd gen iPad released in 2012
The Tech21 Impact Mesh Case is both sturdy and attractive. Unfortunately, the case does not allow for adequate heat dissipation. Combined with the force exerted along the edges of the device, the appoxy keeping the screen attached to the frame weakens over time. Eventually the screen detaches along the bezel, exposes the electronics, and screen death occurs soon there after. …
- Written by Andrew B from Washington
5 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will iPad 4 fit in an iPad 5 Air case?
- Asked by Brooke C from Cibolo
Will this case fit iPad Air 2?
- Asked by Kristian D from Lincoln Park
No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the ca No, unfortunately the Tech21 Impact Mesh for iPad Air does not fit the iPad Air 2: although the case itself fits well, the hole for the camera is misaligned so that the mesh overlays the actual camera of the iPad Air 2. Great pity! I have to take the case back to the Apple Store today, and hope that an iPad Air 2 case is produced soon, because I absolutely love these cases! …
- Answered by Karen W from Pennington
Do they have a tech21 case for a 2nd or 3rd generation iPad?
- Asked by Constance S from The Villages
Can you charge the iPad without taking the case off?
- Asked by Kelli C from Mount Joy
Does this case fit iPad mini retina display?
- Asked by Lisa H from Eastern Passage
Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now Yes - it fits because the ipad mini and ipad mini 2 are same size
but the microphone which is now on the back of the ipad mini retina display will be covered !! …
- Answered by Sujan K from Toride
Do I still need a Smart Cover with the tech21 impact case?
- Asked by Patti T from Cody
I use the Smart Cover along with the Tech 21 for best protection.
- Answered by David T from Westlake