The Western Digital My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes a super-fast USB 3.0 interface for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility
With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the next generation.
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student, or road-warrior.
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities
Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics, and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook or MacBook Air. You can also easily reformat it for Windows.
Compatible with Time Machine
Quickly back up your files with Time Machine.
WD quality inside and out
Western Digital builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 devices today and then USB 3.0 devices when you're ready
- Add extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTake your photos, movies, videos, and files along wherever you go with your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 21 mm/0.82 in.
- Width: 110.8 mm/4.36 in.
- Weight: 230 g
- Length: 82.3 mm/3.24 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0020BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814124
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three-year limited
- *Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent little drive
Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I r Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I regularly get around 85-90MBps transfer out of them. The other reviewer should note that EVERY hard drive manufacturer has drives that die, that is the nature of spindle hard drives. Back up your stuff and when a drive dies, just replace it. I've had great luck with WD's customer service too. They now offer to ship you a replacement drive before you ship back a faulty drive so that you can get up and running faster. …
- Written by Justin V from Wellington
64 of 72 people found this useful
A waste of time and money
Had great luck with WD's aluminum-case 2 TB desktop drives, so thought I'd buy a pair of their MyPassports for off-site backup. . Had great luck with WD's aluminum-case 2 TB desktop drives, so thought I'd buy a pair of their MyPassports for off-site backup. . . what a mistake. Maybe these little hard drives can't handle the work, but failed right after I booted them up and attempted to back up 1.7TB of files to each. Sounds like the drives are spinning, but for whatever reason, it doesn't like recieving data. I'm going back for more desktop drives instead. …
- Written by blair K from fort worth
11 of 16 people found this useful
You Get What You Pay For
I had this for two weeks and it died. Not leaving me with too much faith in WD hard drives. The price was right...the product wa I had this for two weeks and it died. Not leaving me with too much faith in WD hard drives. The price was right...the product wasn't …
- Written by Greg J from Muskego
15 of 24 people found this useful
dodgy drives last thing you will want
This drive has major issues with drive 'self-ejecting', after which you get the message "This drive was not ejected properly". Lat This drive has major issues with drive 'self-ejecting', after which you get the message "This drive was not ejected properly". Latest firmware update claims it resolves the issue but it doesn't. There is plenty to read on the subject in Apple Support Communities and elsewhere - just google it up. (I only bought the drive because it was featured in Apple Store and I used that as a selection criterion: the only time the store has ever let me down.) …
- Written by David S from London
1 of 1 people found this useful
Robust and Solid
I can't explain the other reviewers of this drive by my experience has been nothing but awesome.
I use this drive as my main m I can't explain the other reviewers of this drive by my experience has been nothing but awesome.
I use this drive as my main media (iTunes) storage device for my MacBook Pro. The size lends itself to sit perfectly on the left side of my 15" MBP without coming close to the trackpad. It's lightweight and has quickly become one of my most valuable pieces of tech.
I have kids who have knocked and jostled this drive around... even dropped it on the floor. I nearly lost my mind but it is still intact to the writing of this review.
It's been totally solid for me.... for about a year. I recommend this product highly! …
- Written by Jeff P from Edmonton
2 of 2 people found this useful
Purchased the drive 6 months ago; it failed today.
- Written by WILLIAM B from New York
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the usb cable supplied compatible with the USB 2.0 connections on my 2011 iMac
- Asked by Jeffrey R
Yes it is compatible
- Answered by Andrew R from Blackburn
Is this device thunderbolt compatible?
- Asked by Soo F from Laguna Beach
No answers yet
does this work with mavericks os?
- Asked by Albert M from Washington
- Answered by Dan G from Bedminster