The latest version of Microsoft's productivity software on the Macintosh platform, Office 2011 for Mac is more powerful and easier to use. It combines Microsoft Word for Mac, Microsoft PowerPoint® for Mac, and Microsoft Excel® for Mac and lets you easily create high-impact documents and seamlessly share your ideas with others, whether they're on the Mac or Windows® platform.
Word for Mac 2011
Powerful writing tools help you create outstanding documents, then store, edit and share your work easily on the web.
Create visually rich newsletters, brochures, and documents in Publishing Layout view. Instantly see styles applied in your document with Visual Styles. Work in Full Screen view to maximize space for reading and writing documents. Rearrange layers of text, photos and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering. View, edit, store and share documents online with the Word Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®. Share and co-author Word documents with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Excel for Mac 2011
Illuminate your financial picture with easy-to-analyze spreadsheets you can post online to view, edit, share or co-author with your family from virtually anywhere.
Clarify your data using Conditional Formatting with icons, data bars, and color scales. Spot trends with new Sparklines, small charts that fit in a single cell. Spend more time analyzing data and less time sifting through it with PivotTables. Organize, filter, and format related data with Excel tables. Increase efficiency and save time by automating repetitive tasks using Visual Basic. View, edit, store and share spreadsheets online with the Excel Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®. Share and co-author Excel spreadsheets with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
PowerPoint for Mac 2011
Create powerful, professional presentations that engage and inspire your audience, and present online as effectively as in person.
Remove backgrounds or add color filters to your photos right within PowerPoint. Move beyond the conference room and broadcast your presentations online. Rearrange layers of text, photos, and graphics quickly with Dynamic Reordering. Rehearse, check your timing, and take notes in Presenter View. View, edit, store, and share Office documents online with the PowerPoint Web App on Windows Live® SkyDrive®. Share and co-author PowerPoint presentations with virtually anyone, whether they're using Office on a Mac or PC.
Did you notice?With its newly reinvented user interface and wealth of templates, this suite of tools makes producing personal documents and student projects quick and easy.
Apple Recommends ForEveryday home use by everyone in the family; great for students in all grades from kindergarten through high school.
What's in the Box?
- Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac
- Internet Access: Internet Access Required
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- Intel processor
- 2.5GB of free hard-drive space; HFS+ formatted hard drive (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- 1GB of RAM
- Connection to a local network for installation
- 1280 by 800 or higher display resolution
- Certain features require Internet access (fees may apply); Certain online features require a Windows Live ID
- UPC or EAN No.: 885370485868
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- * Requires a Windows Live® ID, internet connection and supported browser.
Ratings & Reviews
Uninstalled it and reinstalled 2008 version
Buying this was a waste of money and time... I already had the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for Mac, which was much better by Buying this was a waste of money and time... I already had the 2008 version of Microsoft Office for Mac, which was much better by the way. The 2008 version included Entourage (email), and this 2011 version gives the impression it includes Outlook, but it's only the icon, and when you click it prompts you to purchase it separately. Microsoft Word is temperamental and doesn't always give you time to save before crashing. I didn't use PowerPoint or Excel, so I can't comment on those. By the way, why aren't we allowed to purchase Microsoft Word by itself? It would be great to have that option since some of us don't need the other applications... Do yourself a favor and buy iWorks or the 2008 version of Microsoft Office. …
- Written by JESSICA M from Oceanside
930 of 1107 people found this useful
Unfortunately I can't give this product zero stars. If I could I would. Word always crashes on my Mac, not sometimes, or every onc Unfortunately I can't give this product zero stars. If I could I would. Word always crashes on my Mac, not sometimes, or every once in awhile.....always.
Sage advice: hit the save button frequently or you will lose hours of work. Since I need to edit a lot I have gone back to a cheap PC. …
- Written by Margaret K from Toronto
804 of 1033 people found this useful
Exactly what I needed.
Great product, works perfectly on my MacBook Pro. Never had any issues. Only wish it had Publisher.
- Written by Daniel M from Lancaster
506 of 669 people found this useful
Don't expect full compatibility with PC based Office
So much time consuming and frustrating experience so far:
1) Ribbon does not allow to enter detailed settings with the right bot So much time consuming and frustrating experience so far:
1) Ribbon does not allow to enter detailed settings with the right bottom button in each section. Have to search for the feature in menu bar as in the old gone Office 2003. No pop up menu above your cursor upon click on cell or highlighting a text. Why is the 2011 Mac user interface on halfway between 2003 and 2007 office versions?
2) MS excel macros only run if code is shorter than 64kb. VBA tools organized differently so take twice the time to rewrite your code, great.
3) If you matched PPT background to fit with your corporate logo, be prepared to see different shades of when opening in Office 2011, despite all PC users see the colours as perfectly matching.
4) Style and grammar settings arranged differently than in PC based Office. There's no way to allow fragment sentences, despite PC based versions got no problem with it. …
- Written by Martin B from Kingston
2 of 2 people found this useful
Bad Excel software
I purchased this software for my statistics class and could not use it. There is an "add in" requirement that regular Windows soft I purchased this software for my statistics class and could not use it. There is an "add in" requirement that regular Windows software has and must be set up beforehand before doing any calculations or creating any charts which is the focus of the statistic class. I was told that "add in's" is not included in this version for Mac and must buy and download it separately from a third party software company. If you don't mind spending money ok but this was a waste of money. I should have stuck with Windows 2010 on my non-Mac because now, I have to purchase Office 2010! This is garbage so beware before buying, I told you so!! …
- Written by Juan G from Chicago
3 of 3 people found this useful
If i could give it zero...
this is useless, bloated, convoluted, needlessly complicated, useless excrement). when something fails on my macs, it is invariab this is useless, bloated, convoluted, needlessly complicated, useless excrement). when something fails on my macs, it is invariably a piece of MS something. the spinning beachball of infinity seems to really, really like MS software; how long can it be before mac users are visited by the blue screen of death?
don't waste your money. retain your sanity and use the mac suite: it's very much something better. bah! …
- Written by David A. C from Christchurch
3 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I plan to upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 to OS 10.8.2 or 10.9; will my MS Office 2008 run in either OS 10.8.2 or OS 10.9 w/o upgrading Office 2008?
- Asked by Kisler H from Charlotte
I'm running 10.10.2 and Office 2008 with no problems.
- Answered by Mike S from Lahaina
Can it be used by all log in users on one computer
- Asked by Dylan G from Kingston
- Answered by Mike S from Lahaina
Is there a version to run on a mac mini with OS X Yosemity 10.10.2?
- Asked by Diana C from Attleboro
There is no disc. In the description it says:
What's in the Box?
Alpha-numeric PIN and Product K There is no disc. In the description it says:
What's in the Box?
Alpha-numeric PIN and Product Key for downloading Microsoft Office for Mac …
- Answered by Hampton M from Elk Grove
can i run office on a mac
- Asked by Nancy L from Larchmont
Yes. I purchased office 2011 and it works great on my MacBook Pro
- Answered by Rob G from Aliso Viejo
How do I determine if I have 1GB of RAM
- Asked by Robert M from New Orleans