The Twelve South PlugBug World is an ingenious device that creates a dual charger and international power adapter using your existing MacBook power adapter. PlugBug World allows you to power up your MacBook and iPhone or iPad/iPad mini from one outlet, in any major country, using one of five included international plugs.
Use PlugBug World locally to charge your MacBook and iPhone at the same time from one outlet. When you travel, put PlugBug World in your bag and you have one charger that can be used to power two devices pretty much anywhere. PlugBug World also works as an international USB charger for iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini.
The powerful 10-watt PlugBug World can charge your iPad up to four times faster than your MacBook and will charge an iPad mini two times faster than the factory charger.
PlugBug World piggybacks onto all MacBook power adapters. Clear out all of the extra cables and chargers in your bag and replace them with one bright red PlugBug World.
- Charge MacBook and iPhone or iPad simultaneously from one power outlet worldwide
- Doubles as an international power adapter for MacBook
- Powerful 10 watts (2.1 amps) provides fast charge
- Works as a stand-alone, international charger for iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini
- Includes five international snap-on plugs
- Compact, must-have device for world travelers
- Use locally as a dual charger for MacBook and iPhone/iPad
- Brightly colored simple, elegant design
- Fits all Magsafe 2 and Magsafe MacBook power adapters
Did you notice?Turns any MacBook power adapter into a dual charger for MacBook and iPhone or iPad, meaning fewer gadgets to carry when you travel.
Apple Recommends ForSimultaneously charge your MacBook and iPhone, iPad, or iPad mini anywhere in the world.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South PlugBug World Power Adapter
- Five international snap-on plugs
- Travel pouch
- User manual
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 53 mm
- Width: 65 mm
- Weight: 69 g
- Length: 29 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1211
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002474
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.twelvesouth.com/warranty/)
1 800 MY-APPLE or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work in South Africa? If not what will?
- Asked by Kenn D from Grand Prairie
Does it work with iPad Air? Since it listed as 10w for its USB port but iPad Air package supplied USB charger is 12w, I assumed its not supported?
- Asked by Robert K from Hillcrest
Yes. It will charge the iPad Air. Although a 12W adapter is supplied with the Air, this is only to f Yes. It will charge the iPad Air. Although a 12W adapter is supplied with the Air, this is only to facilitate faster charging. …
- Answered by Peter M
does the twelvesouth plugbug world also plug into the apple extension cord to charge both an ipad and macbook at at distance from the outlet?
- Asked by Carol D from Alstead
Can the adapter charge 2 iPads (4th generation) simultaneously.
- Asked by Elsir N from Ajman
Think of the red part as an iPad charger. The white portion can be any of Apple's own chargers for e Think of the red part as an iPad charger. The white portion can be any of Apple's own chargers for either Macbook, or a second iPad, but you must provide your own white part.
So the answer is YES, as long as you piggyback one of your iPad chargers onto the lower section of the PlugBug. …
- Answered by Milorad I from Frankston