3M™ Privacy Filters help prevent anyone from viewing your on-screen data from the side, while maintaining impressively high clarity when viewed straight on. Each Privacy Filter is custom-cut for the relevant MacBook Pro or MacBook Air model. Each package includes two filter application systems, along with an optically clear adhesive designed specifically for display screens.
- Helps keep on-screen information private; screen data is visible only when you're directly in front of the monitor
- Abrasion-resistant coating protects your screen from dust and dirt
- Reversible with glossy finish on one side and a matte finish on the other
- Glossy side offers highest clarity for viewing; matte side offers reduction in screen glare
- Easy to clean
- Simple application and residue-free removal
- Can be repositioned hundreds of times
- Application adhesive specially formulated for display screens
- Made in USA
Did you notice?Safeguards your display and gives you the choice of a glossy or matte surface.
Apple Recommends ForUse your Mac in coffee shops, airports, and other public places while keeping on-screen text private.
What's in the Box?
- 3M Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter
- Optically clear adhesive attachment strips
- Storage folder
- Cleaning cloth
- Width: 12.56 in./31.9 cm
- Depth: 0.03 in./0.08 cm
- Weight: 1.6 oz./45.36 g
- Length: 8.38 in./21.29 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: PFMPR13
- UPC or EAN No.: 051128829080
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Good but not great
This gives a decent amount of privacy from the sides but for the user to see everything without straining their eyes the brightnes This gives a decent amount of privacy from the sides but for the user to see everything without straining their eyes the brightness needs to be bumped up which means you kill your battery faster... also, the one i bought from the apple store did NOT have slide mounts so when you need to get these separately from 3M if you want it (they give it for free)
I'm pretty satisfied with it overall. …
- Written by Mubushir R from Scarborough
1 of 1 people found this useful
Waste of money
This is not an anti-glare cover. This is a very poor privacy cover. It darkens the screen and reduces, but doesn't eliminate, side This is not an anti-glare cover. This is a very poor privacy cover. It darkens the screen and reduces, but doesn't eliminate, side viewing.
It attaches with adhesive strips and itself slowly adheres to the screen creating air bubbles that are hard to remove without damaging the screen guard itself. If you leave the air bubbles your Macbook screen looks filthy. It is quite distracting.
This device was a complete waste of money, except for the small enjoyment I got from stripping it off, crumpling it and throwing it in the trash. …
- Written by Christopher S from London
9 of 11 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this screen fit the MacBook Pro with Retina display 13" late 2013?
- Asked by Andrew H
Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. Yes, it fits the MacBook Pro w Retina 13" late 2013. I just tried it out in the store in Palo Alto. The flap pulls over the top so no zipper scars either! …
- Answered by Frederick G
What is the most appropriate Privacy Screen for MacBook Retinol Display Computer 13"?
- Asked by Edith E from Alexandria
3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for 3M 13" Privacy + Anti-Glare Filter for MacBook Pro with Retina Display - PFMR13 would be perfect for your need. …
- Answered by Eric N from Coquitlam
Will this product affect my brightness?
- Asked by Braiden V from Calgary
No answers yet
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro that I bought in June of 2012. Is there a privacy + anti-glare filter for this size computer?
- Asked by Kathleen D from Los Angeles
Yes, check at the store :)
- Answered by Dobromir D
Can the filter be applied in store by specialists?
- Asked by Son V from Vancouver
Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's Apparently Not. I was in apple shop a few days ago; they told me that I had to do it myself as it's a 3rd party product. I just got it fixed myself. It wasn't too bad but it took a bit of time to understand what I had to do. …
- Answered by Maryam S from Carindale
Does this Privacy and Anti-Glare filter protect from sun glare, if I wanted to work outside?
- Asked by Alyssa L from Sherwood Park
Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom bu Yes it would reduce the glare from the sun. It was built for the models that you could not custom build with the matte or anti-glare finish. …
- Answered by Kenneth A from Desoto