The G-Technology G-DRIVE hard drive is a superb choice for projects like digital photography, audio/video editing, and high-speed data backup that involve huge amounts of data. That's because its USB 3.0 and FireWire interfaces can handle enormous traffic volumes. Plus it's plug and play on Mac OSX and ready to use with Time Machine. And G-DRIVE remains cool and quiet thanks to an all-aluminum enclosure with an integrated heat-sink system.
- USB 3.0 and FireWire ports for flexible, high-speed data transfer
- Integrated heat-sink for near silent operation and cooling
- Solid all-aluminum case makes for durability and stylish looks
- Plenty of storage for digital video, music, and photo files
- Includes all cables
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
- Three-year factory warranty
Did you notice?The sleek aluminum enclosure delivers the best in reliability and durability.
Apple Recommends ForA perfect companion for your Mac and all your demanding applications.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE external hard drive
- Universal AC power supply
- FireWire 800 cables; FireWire 800 to 400 cable
- USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Other Features: Kensington Port, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Firewire 400, Firewire 800, USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 1.85 in./4.7 cm
- Width: 5.125 in./13 cm
- Weight: 2.87 lb./1.3 kg
- Length: 9.25 in./23.5 cm
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or FireWire port
- Mac OS v10.5 or later
- USB 3.0, USB 2.0 or FireWire port
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02529
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487191066
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: Three years
Ratings & Reviews
Do NOT buy this drive!
I made the mistake of buying a G-drive; kept it in the best of conditions, and used it as my backup drive. One day it suddenly FAI I made the mistake of buying a G-drive; kept it in the best of conditions, and used it as my backup drive. One day it suddenly FAILED for no apparent reason. I of course contacted G-Technologies and found out that G-Technologies WOULD NOT honor their own warranty. Not only did I lose all my data -- I also have a $200 paperweight to remind me of what a rip-off product this G-drive is. Tip: If you care about safeguarding your data -- DO NOT BUY THIS DRIVE!! …
- Written by Peder R from Simi Valley
126 of 187 people found this useful
Good Built but too noisy and glowing led
Good built quality, but too bulky for today's standards. It is fast when used as Firewire 800. So far works reliably. However it Good built quality, but too bulky for today's standards. It is fast when used as Firewire 800. So far works reliably. However it is too noisy and the front led is more of a flashlight than an indicator, quite disturbing, as it is placed beside my iMac ! …
- Written by Guy T from Kritzendorf
54 of 58 people found this useful
Love This Drive
I've had this drive for over a year, and use it daily. I've never had a problem with it, or my 2 G-Drive Mini's
- Written by Adam C from Winnipeg
37 of 41 people found this useful
Horrible Product - Multiple Catastrophic Failures
Bought this drive because I needed a "professional" grade storage drive for my studio. A few months later, I come in to work and t Bought this drive because I needed a "professional" grade storage drive for my studio. A few months later, I come in to work and the drive is unmountable. Lost 9 months worth of session archives! Was eventually able to reformat the drive and everything seemed to be resolved. Walked into the studio today to find an error message on my screen. YUP both partitions are no longer mountable and I have yet again lost all the data on this drive. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT …
- Written by Jonathan L from Winnipeg
As Bad as Some Have Said
I bought this drive because I did not have a lot of options given the age of my computer and the need for a Firewire 400 connectio I bought this drive because I did not have a lot of options given the age of my computer and the need for a Firewire 400 connection. This drive was noisy, which I could live with, but it just broke after 4 months of light use. I started getting "I/O Error" messages, and the Time Capsule could no longer write to the drive. I was unable to repair the errors with Disk Utility, so back to the manufacturer it goes. Be aware that the manufacturer is very, VERY specific packaging guidelines for returning their garbage back to them. I'll never buy anything else from this company. …
- Written by MICHAEL H from Bothell
3 of 3 people found this useful
nice hard drive.......
I have this little gem, only thing I find annoying, is the bright white light thats on all the time, I cut a small piece of foiled I have this little gem, only thing I find annoying, is the bright white light thats on all the time, I cut a small piece of foiled back self stick what they wrap on furnace joints , I cut to fit on the light as a defuser works great and still shines around back light, the drive is not all that noisy I find it works great on my new I Mac, better than the WD i used to have connects to apple products by plugging it in, I like it, and recommend …
- Written by Thomas S from Columbus
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this work with OSX Yosemite?
- Asked by Anna M
Yes it does
- Answered by Tracy D
I would like to connect my iPad and an external hard drive for watching movies and listening to music while I'm traveling.
- Asked by Suzanne R from Gig Harbor
it has to be connected to power outlet all time
- Asked by Amr E from Cairo
If you are asking if it needs to be connected to a mains power outlet in order to use it, the answer If you are asking if it needs to be connected to a mains power outlet in order to use it, the answer is Yes it does. …
- Answered by D J C
I would like to use this drive as an external iTunes Library
- Asked by Christopher B
I have the 2TB version hooked up to my iMac via FW800. My iTunes library is on the external drive. I I have the 2TB version hooked up to my iMac via FW800. My iTunes library is on the external drive. It works fine but occasionally there is a slight delay when using iTunes as the external drive spins up. …
- Answered by Gavin M
is this drive compatible with mavericks operating system
- Asked by Greg W from Bainbridge Island
It works fine with my system!
- Answered by Neil W