OverviewBeats Mixr Headphones are designed for DJs, so they're the lightest and loudest model Beats makes. Created for audio enthusiasts and professionals alike, these over-ear headphones reproduce accurate sound and meet the needs of the world's best DJs. And their super-lightweight design means you can pull them on and off while you're onstage without any trouble.
Industrial strength sound
Designed to be heard over parties at 100+ decibels, Mixr delivers extremely deep bass at extraordinarily high volume. Made for pros warming up the party.
DJ bells and whistles
Rotating earcups swivel back behind the ears, then rotate back for total isolation. With dual input and daisy chain connectors, it's easy to share what you're listening to.
Made for life on the road
The ultra-flexible headband was crafted to be super lightweight, and easily foldable for jetting off to your next destination.
Built to withstand the rigors of DJ life, which means creating a housing flexible and tough enough to take a beating. No worries about them breaking or fraying anytime soon.
- 40mm drivers provide low frequency range with a custom diaphragm, which produces smooth mids and highs
- Soft leatherette ear pads fit over the ear comfortably, so they're wearable for hours
- Metal construction and a molded headband keep these headphones sturdy and travel-friendly
- Ear cups pivot up to 270 degrees for single-ear monitoring with articulation and a snug fit unique to your ears
- Dual input 3.5mm jacks let you daisy chain audio with friends and other music enthusiasts for easy sharing
- Keeps ambient noise out to provide a cleaner sound while reducing leakage from your own music
Did you notice?Blocks ambient noise for clear audio playback and totally confident mixing.
Apple Recommends ForLight weight and totally accurate sound for DJing.
What's in the Box?
- Beats Mixr headphones
- 3.5mm audio cable
- Audio adapter
- Cable with in-line mic and remote that controls iOS devices
- Carrying case
- Beats cleaning cloth
- Mfr. Part Number : 900-00031-02
- UPC or EAN No. : 848447000210
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
The Best of the Beats
I've owned these Beats for a few weeks now and I love them. They are better than the Solos (I upgraded from the Product Red Solos to these) but not as ridiculously huge as the Studios or Pros. The Beats sound is great for all kinds of music with deep, rich bass and clear highs and midrange. They come with a hard case that keeps them protected as well. …
- Written by Jonah H from Winston Salem
164 of 180 people found this useful
Best of the beats by dre line up
I have tried the entire beats line of headphones these are by far my favorite. the have the highest volume threshold and dont drow n out most of the music with excessive bass while balancing out the mids and highs with amazing clarity. Extremely well made, not plastic like most of the beats. …
- Written by John A from Hazlet
147 of 162 people found this useful
good sound quality, but not comfortable
I bought this one two weeks ago, the sound is incredibly awesome, this is the best sound effect i have ever heard. however, when i wear it on my head, not too long time, i will feel very painful on my ears and i even feel it like poisonous. if you have small ears, you could buy this one, but, not regular-ear guys. …
- Written by Liang P from Boston
82 of 100 people found this useful
The Pain is not Worth it
I read quite a few reviews before I finally decided on these. One of the biggest selling points is the small size and the way the headphones collapse. I'm not a huge audiophile so the sound is good enough for my ears. Unfortunately, these earphones are so tight that they pretty much crush your head after 10-20 minutes.
As I said, I've read the reviews and was aware of this problem. One reviewer said that they stretched them out by putting them on the box over night. Another said that after a few weeks use they loosened up. I have tried everything and let me say that, after four months, THESE DO NOT LOOSEN UP! This may be a nice feature for a DJ bouncing around the floor but for working at my desk? I don't need that level of skull crushing pressure. I would most definitely not buy these again. …
- Written by Dann H from Toronto
Mixrs 4 Mixing
As DJs, we are known to be picky on our equipment (if not, then its just me).
These headphones may not be the best in the world ( though Beats have the highest market share and try to convince that they sell the best headphones) they are not, but to be honest, they get the job done. I previously owned the Studios and Pros, but the Studios have a low quality external noise reduction and the Pro Beats (though more durable and more noise reduction) are just too heavy. Therefore, the Beats Mixrs (which are made with the same material as the Pro Beats) give out the same power and noise reduction as the Pros and the "eardrum shaking" bass as the Studios.
These headphones aren't too big and they look pretty stylish when performing on stage. I give these headphones a 4/4.5 out of 5 and I strongly recommend them to others.
BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO PAY BIG BUCKS FOR THE BEST HEADPHONES, GO FOR THE SENNHEISERS HD 800 <----- WORLD'S BEST HEADPHONES!!! …
- Written by Aldon M from Toronto
2 of 2 people found this useful
best headphone ever
Im a DJ and this headphone are so perfect for this job!!
- Written by nestor R from plainfield
3 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Emma O
Actually,yes. These headphones are for DJs and you know what that means, Great Bass. These are also the best sounding beats …
- Answered by Cherryll L from Grand Prairie
Yes they are very useful for all iOS devices
- Answered by Jaden H from Kentwood
- Asked by Janice A from Owens Cross Roads
These are reputably very high performing headphones. They were engineered with DJ's in mind, to be u sed in the studio and on-stage. The headset design, as universal as it seems, is a really reserved design, especially this one. As mentioned in the description, they are composed with durable materials, but the involved movement of running, and the sweat, might take away from the precise design it comes as. I would not recommend to use this for any type of physical exercise.
Beats(c) however does offer some in-ear listening devices for active training! …
- Answered by Anthony C from Lasalle
- Asked by Megan G from Perth
Yes, these headphones do fold in from each side, similar to the Beats Pro headphones.
- Answered by Austin T from Warrensville Heights
- Asked by Jordan C from Leawood
- Asked by Perla S from Dallas