The HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer gives you the freedom to print wirelessly with ease from your iPhone or iPad. Use the printer's built-in Wi-Fi and connect quickly with HP Auto Wireless Connect.
Convenience and efficiency
Print affordably, using individual inks and automatic printing and copying on both sides of a single page. Also access a library of free apps using the 2.65-inch (6.74 cm) color touchscreen.
Create lab-quality, water-resistant photos without borders, as well as archive-quality documents. Scan photos and everyday documents to email—even without a Mac. You can also use your memory card to print photos directly.
- Print wirelessly and stay connected on the go
- Balance affordable printing and brilliant quality
- Easily save paper and energy
Did you notice?Automatic two-sided printing helps you use up to 50% less paper.
Apple Recommends ForPrint high-quality photos and documents wirelessly from your iPhone or iPad with built-in AirPrint functionality.
What's in the Box?
- HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer
- Four ink cartridges (Black Ink Cartridge, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Software CD and reference guide;
- Power cord
- Display Size: 6.74 cm/2.65 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), SD Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 16.06 in./40.79 cm
- Width: 19.37 in./49.2 cm
- Weight: 14.26 lb./6.47 kg
- Length: 7.48 in./19 cm
- Black print speed: Up to 11 ISO ppm
- Black resolution: Up to 1200 by 600 rendered dpi (when printing from a Mac)
- Color print speed: Up to 8 ISO ppm
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 by 1200 optimized dpi color (when printing from a Mac on selected HP photo papers and 1200 input dpi)
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 15-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: 8.5 by 14 in.
- Min Paper Size: 4 by 6 in.
- Other Paper Handling Features: Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: Four
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: Enhanced: Up to 2400 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 by 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- Intel processor
- 1 GB free hard-drive space
- 256 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- 128 MB
- CD-ROM/DVD drive or Internet connection
- Mfr. Part Number: CX042A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112492502
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One-year technical phone support; one-year limited hardware warranty. Access to 24/7 award-winning support services through http://www.hp.com/support.
- *Print speeds and resolutions vary with usage.
Ratings & Reviews
All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. All my devices connect to this printer via cable, internet and AirPrint. Works exactly as advertised. Easy to install and to use. Well done!!! I highly recommend this product. …
- Written by Yannick L from Amherstview
489 of 511 people found this useful
Easy & Quick setup, works great
Probably the easiest printer I've had to set up. It works great with all my i devices. And it looks nice.
- Written by Zdenko D from Lawrence
232 of 245 people found this useful
Worst Printer Ever
This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going This has been the worst printer I have ever had. I have only had it a week and the paper jams have been ridiculous!! I am going to return it!! …
- Written by Millie A from Orlando
154 of 245 people found this useful
It took me less than a half hour to set this excellent little engine up. I can now print wirelessly and effortlessly from my IPhon It took me less than a half hour to set this excellent little engine up. I can now print wirelessly and effortlessly from my IPhone or IPad . I did not bother to connect it to my PC, it is not necessary for me! I have another HP printer that is a workhorse for my PC needs! I got this new HP printer to print photos, which it does with magnificent results …
- Written by David J L from Jersey City
Awesome ! 3.5
So Far So Good , Works perfectly fine bought this for emergency purpose & school papers , only problem is the ink doesn't dry fast So Far So Good , Works perfectly fine bought this for emergency purpose & school papers , only problem is the ink doesn't dry fast enough and when i use a highlighter it smears even five days after the paper was printed but other than that its Greattt ! …
- Written by Yicania F from Bronx
Awful Printer - Does Not Work with AirPrint
Have had the printer for 48hours and it works well as a wireless printer for a PC but will not work with AiPrint or any iOS device Have had the printer for 48hours and it works well as a wireless printer for a PC but will not work with AiPrint or any iOS device. Severe buyer's remorse has now set in.... …
- Written by Antony A from LONDON
8 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this printer connect with my apple ipad
- Asked by John S
Yes, the HP Photosmart 5520 is AirPrint enabled. The printer and iPad must be on the same wifi netw Yes, the HP Photosmart 5520 is AirPrint enabled. The printer and iPad must be on the same wifi network. …
- Answered by Rick S from Vancouver
will the lenonvo G510s window 8.1 be compatible with HP Photosmart 5520 series
- Asked by Bette B from Ocean Pines
Can I print from my macbook air?
- Asked by Angela S
Hi there, Yes you can the printer is AirPrint - you can send things to print over WiFi.
- Answered by Jack C
Is this printer compatible with OS X v.10.9
- Asked by J K S
It works perfectly. Purchased in December after researching to find the driver update. Thanks
- Answered by J K S
Can I print wirelessly from my new ipad with retina display ?
- Asked by Tina N from Richmond
Yes, you need to to set it up as Direct connect, then it works .
- Answered by Hing T