The Twelve South HoverBar's flexible arm elevates your new iPad or iPad 2 to either side of or above your Mac, turning your iPad into the ultimate Mac sidecar. Simply clamp HoverBar to your iMac or Apple display, snap your new iPad or iPad 2 into the secure clip, and then use iPad to monitor your Twitter feed, stocks, weather, or collaborate via FaceTime—all while you continue working on your Mac.
You can also use HoverBar as a stand-alone iPad mount. Clamp HoverBar to a kitchen cabinet and use your iPad while preparing dinner. Or attach HoverBar to a table for an instant compact workstation. Use HoverBar to interact with your favorite DJ or music app. Create a steering wheel for racing apps. HoverBar literally expands the ways you can use and interact with your iPad.
- Heavy-gauge steel clamp is padded with silicone to protect surfaces to which HoverBar is attached
- Flexible steel arm works with all iMacs and Apple displays
- Positions iPad on either side of or above an iMac or Apple display
- Compatible with new iPad and iPad 2
- Attaches to any surface up to an inch thick without drilling holes and without permanent installation
- Rotates iPad into portrait or landscape position
- Ball mount on iPad clip allows you to tilt iPad back and forth or use as a rotating wheel for driving/racing apps
- Clamp has a two-way mount to accommodate the back of a Mac or flat surface such as a table or desk
- Cable managers keep your workspace free of clutter
- Compatible with iPad Smart Cover
Did you notice?Also works beautifully as a stand-alone mount for your iPad—not just next to your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForEasily place your iPad next to or above your Mac to create the ultimate Apple workstation.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South HoverBar flexible arm
- Bi-directional mounting clamp
- Support clip that fits new iPad and iPad 2
- Four cable management clips
- Allen wrench
- Height : 2.5 in./6.35 cm
- Width : 11.25 in./28.57 cm
- Weight : 3.5 lb./1.59 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1215
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002504
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One-year limited (For details, please visit www.twelvesouth.com/warranty/)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is slick. I just got mine today and was impressed with the versitality of it. It not only will clamp to your iMac, but anywhere that has a ledge of about a couple inches in thickness. I had it mounted on my desk (looks freaking awesome) and then I mounted it on my night stand for when I got to bed for some hands free use for watching movies or something. The price is a little steep but your getting high quality from Twelve South along with a pretty sweet companion for your iPad 2. Highly recommended. …
- Written by Kristina T from Saint Joseph
120 of 139 people found this useful
Rock solid construction, I have my iPad now floating on the same eye-level to the screen of my MacBook, which itself is raised up off the desk on a stand to be more ergonomic. Didn't experience what other reviewers say as too flexible and not tight enough--perhaps the angle of my setup is a bit different as I have it mounted from the back ledge of my desk. I can freely rotate and adjust my iPad to any infinitesimal variation of angle I want, and I simply tightened the ball-and-socket joint enough to the resistance/pressure level I wanted. When mounted, I keep my iPad plugged in and turned off auto-lock so the screen is always-on. And I love how they included these small cable clips to neatly tuck away the charging cable out of sight behind my iPad. Overall, a well thought out product. My coworkers are all envious of my "Minority Report" style setup. …
- Written by Kelvin L from Chino Hills
83 of 99 people found this useful
Great item, great customer service!
This is the first Twelve South product I've bought, and I have to say I love it! This is a great product, and when I had inadverte ntly broke the black locking piece that connects the clamp to the arm, I was able to contact them and they shipped out a new part for me. Very nice! …
- Written by Daniel M from Centralia
52 of 59 people found this useful
Not Worth It
Useless, in fact. Will not support the weight of an iPad when attached to an iMac stand.
- Written by JAMES M from MILWAUKEE
1 of 1 people found this useful
Do not buy the Twelvesouth hoverbar for iPad
Not worth it. The arm is not stiff enough to hold the iPad 2 the way it is shown in the pictures on their site. After a few minu tes the weight brings the ipad down to my desk. …
- Written by Mark P from Montreal
5 of 5 people found this useful
I've had mine for almost 4 months ... I saw the negative comments on here and I am scratching my head. If you don't like it ... ta ke it back for a refund.
Mine works very well ... the only thing I would recommend is not to lose the small black washer ring like I did. I had to replace with Plan B at the hardware store. Maybe include a spare ring with the product???
This is very handy and well made. I love the sturdiness and how easy to remove the iPad. It works perfectly for me and I loved it so much ... I went back to the Apple Store to get another one for work (sold out) :(
Overall I am impressed with the quality ... maybe a little pricey, but I would recommend to others. Thinking of buying one as a birthday gift for a friend. …
- Written by David A from Campbell
21 of 29 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
The clamp will open roughly 2.0cm - 2.5 cm and will still be able to clamp onto a surface. Therefore the desk / object the HoverBar is clamped onto needs to be around 2.0cm thick or less. …
- Answered by Samuel B
Twelve South sell an adaptor to use this with iPad 1. It costs $20 from their US store. I've not see n it for sale in the UK yet. …
- Answered by John H
I have heard that it does. It is a tight fit due to the slight increase in thickness of the iPad (3) over the iPad 2. …
- Answered by Scott F from Calgary
- Asked by Richard A from San Francisco
Against my better judgement I am going to attempt to answer. The stand is designed for Apple product s. I would recommend looking in the refurb section of this website for your Mac purchases, or perhaps put a little cash away every month, like I do. …
- Answered by Michael L from Toronto