The elegant aluminum design of the Magic Bar charging base and rechargeable battery pack belies the amazing technology within. No cable or external power supply to the battery pack is necessary; wirelessly recharge it just by sliding the Magic Bar-equipped Apple Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad into the charging station. It takes only a minute to set up this "green" solution to the problem of disposable batteries.
- "Green" design helps protect the environment
- Elegant, recyclable aluminum design
- Cost effective after six months of office use or one year of home use
- Visually compatible with Apple-designed products, looks great on your desk
Did you notice?Proprietary wireless technology effortlessly recharges the battery pack without external power supply or cords.
Apple Recommends ForAn elegantly designed solution for keeping your Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad charged, while helping to protect the environment.
What's in the Box?
- Magic Bar cylindrical aluminum battery pack (replaces two AA batteries)
- Aluminum charging station
- MicroUSB cable (connects the wireless charging station to a USB port)
- User manual
- Connections: USB
- Batteries: Built-in Rechargeable
- Height: 0.98 in./2.5 cm
- Width: 1.77 in./4.5 cm
- Weight: 6.63 oz./188 g
- Length: 11.8 in./30.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: MO3212
- UPC or EAN No.: 609465362489
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Terrific Idea but...
I purchased this product to kiss batteries goodbye and help the environment.
Unfortunately, the battery insert didn't fit my I purchased this product to kiss batteries goodbye and help the environment.
Unfortunately, the battery insert didn't fit my apple wireless keyboard well enough to make contact. That's right, this product from Switzerland has such serious quality control problems that yours may not work at all.
Additionally, the product has a strong chemical smell when removed from the box. This comes from the sparkly aluminum surface intended to match Apple's. But Apple's has no smell at all while this exudes a chemical-like stench. I expect it to vanish once the product airs for a week or so, but since my Magic Bar was defective and had to be returned I may never know.
I would also like to know where and how to get a hold of more recharge inserts. And where is the Magic Bar for trackpads? There's too little info on this product.
A great concept that became a smelly clunker. Mobee, get me a hassle-free replacement now please. …
- Written by Richard C from BEVERLY HILLS
151 of 186 people found this useful
Doesn't work well
I had a similar problem to others that have bought this device. I thought it was going to be a great addition to my workspace, bu I had a similar problem to others that have bought this device. I thought it was going to be a great addition to my workspace, but the battery attachment does NOT fit well in my keyboard or magic trackpad and it loses contact or doesn't make contact at all. Save yourself the money and just buy rechargeable batteries separately. …
- Written by Navin C from New York
101 of 126 people found this useful
The Mobee Magic Bar Charger is awesome and looks cool. It’s aluminum and comes packaged with a cylindrical battery pack that repl The Mobee Magic Bar Charger is awesome and looks cool. It’s aluminum and comes packaged with a cylindrical battery pack that replaces the two AA batteries (in either your Apple Wireless Keyboard or Magic Track Pad) and a USB cable that connects the Magic Charging Bar to a USB port on your iMac, Mac mini or docked MBP as a power source. Initial charging of the battery pack will take about 6 hours. I ordered two (2) extra battery packs. One for my Magic Track Pad and the other as a spare for on-the-fly replacement when the battery pack in either the keyboard or track pad is drained.
If you only want to use the Mobee Magic Charging Bar to keep your Wireless Keyboard charged you don’t need an extra battery pack as you can re-charge and still use your wireless keyboard at the same time. The same applies if you only want to use the Magic Bar Charger for your Magic Track Pad. To replace the AA batteries in both the Wireless Keyboard and the Magic Track Pad you will have to order at least one (1) extra battery pack.
By my observations the Wireless Keyboard drains the battery pack at a faster clip than the Track Pad lasting about two (2) weeks on a full charge. Your experience may be more or less depending upon use. Mobee tech support told me the average life span of a battery pack is 3 to 4 years.
I’ve had none of the problems experienced by NC from New York or RC from Beverly Hills. I even charge a battery pack in the Magic Bar Charger w/o it being inserted into my keyboard or track pad.
So...how often do you purchase batteries for your Apple Wireless Keyboard and/or Magic Track Pad? Do the math and decide if the Mobee Magic Bar Charger is a cost-effective investment.
For a modest investment charging with the Mobee Magic Bar can be accomplished without powering on your iMac, Mac mini or docked MBP by ordering the Apple iPad 10W USB Power Adapter. …
- Written by Aaron J from LENEXA
65 of 85 people found this useful
Excellent battery solution
I bought the Magic Bar after buying and being very satisfied with the Magic Mouse charger. I get about two weeks of use from the I bought the Magic Bar after buying and being very satisfied with the Magic Mouse charger. I get about two weeks of use from the keyboard. Once I came into the office on a Monday only to find the keyboard was dead. I just put it into the Magic Bar charger, pulled it close for use and went about my day. The keyboard charged while I used it and afterward I was able to go back to wireless keying!
I saw complains about fit from a couple of reviewers. Be aware that Apple produced two versions of the wireless keyboard and they have different housings. Mobee makes batteries for both, so check which keyboard you have and order appropriately. IIRC the later battery pack is slightly smaller which accounts for the problems described. I suspect they did not call Mobee to get assistance which could have revealed this issue.
The product is truly outstanding. It matches the Apple finish and is odor free. And it's a conversation starter sitting on my desk. :-)
My two main complaints are that Mobee does not provide a charger, expecting you to use the USB on your computer. But when the computer is off, no charging takes place, so a minimum 2 amp charger is needed. I had plugged mine into a powered USB hub but it didn't have enough amperage to charge the batteries in the stated time. The other complaint I have is the positioning of the charge indicator LED. It is not visible from the normal position, but rotating the bar toward me about 90 degrees does show it clearly. I don't know if this is simply a problem with my unit or if the LED is always in the wrong position, but it's inconvenient to find the charge status. Hence the rating of 4. …
- Written by Paul R from Leesburg
Why this should be disconnected & what is better
1. Buy the Apple rechargeable battery charger kit which includes 6aa NiMH batteries for 29.99CAD. You then have batteries for the 1. Buy the Apple rechargeable battery charger kit which includes 6aa NiMH batteries for 29.99CAD. You then have batteries for the keyboard, mouse and trackpad... The batteries charge in same amount of time, they will provide much longer run time, they can be charged many more times, and they will stay charged longer even if the devices are not in use (time between charges is months).
2. This product costs twice as much, yet only includes 2 batteries.. Also the batteries are NiCD - which are out-dated, they perform horribly, they lose charge in less than a week just sitting around even when not inserted in a device, at best when fully charged you get 6 hours runtime... Seriously? Discontinue this product please. …
- Written by Rene F from Winnipeg
9 of 11 people found this useful
I have this item since 2 days but still blinking for charging!
I think It is defective ?
- Written by Pierre-Andre C from montreal
11 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it possible to buy a stand alone rechargeable battery?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Oswestry
Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
Yes, the recharger does not impede the use of the keyboard or trackpad while they're charging.
- Answered by Jeffrey C from San Francisco
Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?
- Asked by Jennifer D from San Francisco
The Magic Bar is compatible with the 2AA battery version of the Apple wireless keyboard. It is not The Magic Bar is compatible with the 2AA battery version of the Apple wireless keyboard. It is not possible to put in an additional battery. …
- Answered by Mobee T
Is this device compatible (I.e., usable with) the Magic Wand unit (locks keyboard/trackpad together)? That is, do they fit together at the same time?
- Asked by Wayne R from Ottawa
No, you cannot use Magic Bar with the Magic Wand
- Answered by Julie V
Does it work with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?
- Asked by Frank G from Gloucester
No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, curren No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, current model, that uses 2-AA Batteries. …
- Answered by Cristof K from Las Vegas