PROMISE VTrak x30 Series 32TB (16x 2TB SAS) 3U RAID Subsystem
PROMISE VTrak x30 Series 32TB (16x 2TB SAS) 3U RAID Subsystem
The PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem with 16 SAS drives delivers the performance, reliability, and upgradeability for entry-level direct attached server applications. Sixteen 2TB 7200-rpm 3Gbps SAS drives in a 3U rack-optimized enclosure provide 32TB of raw capacity for assignment to one or more RAID sets supporting all the major RAID levels including hardware RAID 0, 1, 5, and 6.
The high-availability design of the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem provides dual active/active RAID controllers with four 8Gb Fibre Channel ports and 4GB of DDR3 cache per controller and redundant power supply units. An ideal storage solution for direct attached or SAN-based server and workstation applications, the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem is qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio, and Xsan.
The VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem provides flexible configuration capability and can grow along with your business. Start with a single VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem configuration and scale the RAID subsystem with additional expansion units as your requirements change.
With large VTrak deployments worldwide, enterprise users have come to rely on PROMISE VTrak to protect their valuable data. The VTrak x30 Series supports attachment of up to nine VTrak x30 Series expansion chassis, providing a total of 720TB of raw capacity using 2TB SAS drives for high-capacity storage applications like tiered storage, disk-to-disk backup, or archive.
High-availability active/active RAID
This enterprise-class, cable-less system design includes fully redundant, hot-swappable controllers and power supply units. All system components are constantly monitored to ensure continuous operation in case of failure or component malfunction. Dual active/active, failover/failback RAID controllers provide redundant data paths to help ensure availability.
8Gb Fibre Channel performance and reliability
Quad 8Gb Fibre Channel (FC) host interface ports per controller provide connectivity into widely deployed Fibre Channel storage networks, perfect for supplementing existing 2G or 4G Fibre Channel infrastructures or building an entirely new storage infrastructure. With eight Fibre Channel ports per controller, the VTrak x30 Series has the potential to deliver up to 6GB/s worth of data.
Easy installation and management
The VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem features an embedded software solution that requires zero software installation to manage and configure your storage. Simply open your browser, locate the subsystem using Bonjour then click on the VTrak x30 Series unit you would like to manage. An easy-to-use guided setup allows novice users to create and provision the storage in just a few minutes. Managing your subsystem software updates has never been easier with PerfectFlash which allows software updates without the need to schedule maintenance downtime. The VTrak x30 Series’ rich feature set gives advanced users powerful tools to rapidly deploy multiple units tuned for applications like Xsan and Final Cut Studio.
- Sixteen 2TB (32TB capacity) 7200-rpm SAS hard drives (pre-installed and tested)
- 3U rack-optimized enclosure with 16 hot-swappable drive bays
- Dual redundant active/active controllers
- 4GB DDR3 ECC battery backed cache per controller (8GB total per subsystem)
- Quad 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel ports per controller
- RAID Levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60
- External x4 6Gb SAS port (1 per controller) for storage expansion using the PROMISE VTrak x30 Series expansion chassis
- WebPAM PROe web-based management interface
- PerfectFlash technology allows for non-disruptive subsystem updates
- Qualified with Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Final Cut Studio, and Xsan
- Fully qualified and tested with Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, StorNext
Did you notice?This enterprise-class, cable-less system design includes fully redundant, hot-swappable controllers and power supply units.
Apple Recommends ForPerformance, reliability, and upgradeability for entry-level direct attached server applications.
What's in the Box?
- 32TB SATA PROMISE VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem (Dual Controller)
- Product CD with electronic documentation
- Quick start guide
- Rack mounting hardware for standard 4-post rack
- Two 6 ft./1.83 m power cords (UL/CSA/ETL/TISI Approval, Regions supported: United States, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Philippines, Thailand)
- One 6.56 ft./2.0 m RS-232 serial cable (6-pin RJ11 to DB9)
- Connections: Fibre Channel
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 6.9 in./17.53 cm
- Width: 19.96 in./50.7 cm
- Length: 17.6 in./44.7 cm
- Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server version v10.5.2 or later
- Apple Dual-Channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express Card; Apple Quad-Channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express Card
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118095520
- Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
Every VTrak x30 Series RAID subsystem is backed by the PROMISE 3-Year Limited Warranty with 24/7 telephone and email support. When PROMISE support confirms a failure in the field, Next Business Day PROMISE Service Plus on-site hardware replacement service is available to eliminate down time. For more information visit www.promise.com/serviceplus.
If you require higher levels of service, PROMISE offers PROMISE Service Plus 4-hour on-site hardware replacement service upgrades. The PROMISE Service Plus onsite plan provides three years of 4-hour onsite hardware parts replacement, available 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Availability of 4-hour PSP subject to location. For more information visit www.promise.com/serviceplus.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you use this with the mac mini server?
- Asked by Matthew W
You can use this with a Mac Mini Server if you use a thunderbolt to fibre channel adapter such as th You can use this with a Mac Mini Server if you use a thunderbolt to fibre channel adapter such as the Promise SANLink.
You can also set up a Mac Mini as the metadata controller with the adapter if you don't want to spend the money on a Mac Pro. …
- Answered by Sean W from Fort Collins
does this work with metaSAN? metaSAN iSCSI?
- Asked by Matthew H from Austin
No answers yet