Cubik's bit-perfect listening experience and awe-inspiring look are a stunning union of sound and design
Fine-tuning and extraordinary power
Full-digital amplification and lossless digital USB streaming emanate rich sound with a highly dynamic range. Unlike digital-to-analog speakers, Cubik's sound is free of all analog noise. Its fine-tuned sound quality is backed by extraordinary speaker power that's unmatched by other speakers in its class.
Digital USB streaming and full-digital amplification
The digital audio amplifier circuit utilizes full-digital amplifier technology, a groundbreaking method that amplifies a digital audio signal without converting the signal to analog. This combination of a digital connection and digital amplification allows Cubik to produce crystal-clear sound. High-resolution digital-signal-processing technology gives Cubik a very flat frequency response and produces a full-range of signals with amazing accuracy.
No subwoofer necessary
To produce deeper bass from a small enclosure, Palo Alto Audio Design was assisted by award-winning designer Young-se Kim. With skillful tooling, he created a highly advanced enclosure design. Using an innovative manufacturing process and advanced materials Cubik gives you full bass without the need of a subwoofer.
Top-of-the-line Danish-designed drivers
Cubik uses a high-end Danish-designed Peerless speaker unit rarely found in computer speakers. The 2.5 inch metal-cone full-range driver produces impressive bass and crisp high-frequency sound comparable to multi-way speaker systems.
- Lossless digital USB connection and digital amplification that gives you natural sound
- Highly advanced audio-tuning and speaker angling for great sound at any angle
- High-end Danish-designed driver that's rarely found in computer speakers
- Digital signal processing gives flat frequency response
- Full range of signals with amazing accuracy
- First time full-digital amplification technology is offered in a computer speaker
- Treated exterior that is soft to the touch and looks great
Did you notice?Full-digital amplification and lossless digital USB streaming eliminate all analog noise and produce true hi-fi sound.
Apple Recommends ForExperience high-end audio from your Mac with this refined design that looks great on your desk.
What's in the Box?
- Palo Alto Audio Design Cubik speakers (left and right)
- Left and right metal speaker stands
- One USB connection cable
- One detachable 100V-240V AC 50/60Hz external power supply adapter
- Owner's manual
- Connections : USB
- Speaker Configurations : Stereo
- Height : 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width : 5.3 in./13.46 cm
- Weight : 2.72 lb./1.23 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : SA410APW
- UPC or EAN No. : 682552891000
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- Warranty : One year (For details, please visit www.paloaltoaudio.com)
Ratings & Reviews
These are the best sounding computer spearers I have ever owned!
I'm very picky when it comes to sound quality and I am blown away by the crystal clear sound quality of these speakers. My comput er speakers serve as the only source of music in my office and the unique design of the Palo Alto speakers fills the entire room with clear crisp sound much better than the Bose speakers (that I loved) ever could. If you're an audiophile than these are the speakers for you! …
- Written by Kevin D from Boston
106 of 117 people found this useful
Great speaker - better than anything I've used
I enjoy classical music, the sound of a first rate performance in a well acoustically designed concert hall. Yes, this is pretty c lose. The sound of these little speakers can put out is clearly superior than anything of comparable size and price. I tested it with several systems, switching back and forth between these guys and my other speaker systems. No question about it. Clarity, robustness, sonority, and all ranges of volume and pitch etc. You can even hide these little boxes out of sight. I will surely enjoy them in the months and years. Thank you, Palo Alto. -- TP …
- Written by T P
93 of 99 people found this useful
Amazing speakers with digital amplification
I could hardly believe my ears when I first heard these speakers and after many hours of listening I am still amazed. I have been spoiled by many years of listening to my custom-built amplifiers and speakers and never found small, amplified speakers that I enjoyed - until I installed the Cubiks. The sound is accurate, powerful and very clean across the frequency range. The undistorted dynamic range of these small speakers is startling. Whether I listen to classical, rock, blues or folk music, the sound is rich and totally convincing. With the Cubiks I can now listen to music for hours on end without tiring, while I work on my Mac! …
- Written by Herbert B from Palo Alto
76 of 83 people found this useful
Palo Alto Speakers
These speakers look and sound great and in my opinion are far better value for money that the B&W or Bose alternatives. I had neve r heard of the brand but read some of the reviews and decided to give them a try. I do not regret buying these at all they are extremely high quality with a deep crisp sound. …
- Written by Gavin B from Dogmersfield
16 of 16 people found this useful
Not worth $200, the B&W MM-1's SIGNIFICANTLY Better.
I wanted to try out the Palo Alto Cubik Hi-Fi Speakers and the Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Hi-Fi Speakers, so I bought both and tested t hem both. Here is my thoughts in a short review on both.
1. Palo Alto Cubik Hi-fi Speakers
PRODUCT: Very nice packaging and great size. The design of the speakers are great, very sleek, edgy and different. I was hoping they would sound as good as they looked. Absolutely no extra inputs or jacks of any sort for headphones and such. The top of the right speaker has a Bass High/Low button, mute button, and +/- volume buttons. The rear of the right speaker has the input for the left speaker, power input and USB input. The stands actually have to be attached, they aren't permanently connect to the speaker. The built was very plastic build for $200 Hi-Fi Speakers I thought.
SOUND: Well, they definitely sound much worse than they look. Regardless of the file type played, which included lossless FLACs and compressed MP3s. They don't have a very full sound at all compared to the B&W MM-1's. They also distort significantly with the Bass on high and still even distort with the bass on low with any songs with decent bass. I was so disappointed in these speakers, I returned them. They are worth $99 or less with easy. They sounded decent at low to mid volumes, but anything moderately over mid to high, the audio suffered from a lot of distortion. …
- Written by Orlando E from MURRAY
23 of 29 people found this useful
I wish they sounded as good as they looked.
These speakers vibrate with low mids. Not very happy with them.
- Written by Michael B from Toronto
17 of 24 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
what are best speakers for macbook pro? I want to watch movies but need additional speakers to hear the movie properly.
- Asked by Lynda N from Stonewall
cubik speakers from Palo Alto Audio work well with music, games, moviues. Small with a powerful soun d, they fit neatly on the desktop …
- Answered by Yasmin K from Menlo Park
do these speakes require an a/c electrical wall connection? or do they just connect to your usb port. Where do they get their power?
- Asked by Steven W from Wakefield
The cubik speakers require an AC adaptor. The Musik speakers are powered by a single USB cable for s ound AND power. …
- Answered by Randolph K from Redwood City
- Asked by Bonnie U from Palm Coast
Certainly the cubik will work perfectly with your iMac. TVs with USB connections normally use the US B port for audio input. i.e. to connect other devices that can play through the TVs audio / home theater system. Please see the Bravia manual or contact Sony support to see if this model supports USB output. …
- Answered by Yasmin K from Menlo Park
What are the frequency response specifications to these speakers? Is there a chart showing how flat the frequency response is?
- Asked by Daniel W S from Longmont
What are the best speakers for an iPad? I would like to listen to it without the headphones sometimes and have quality.
- Asked by Tim R from Fairfax Station