Returns & Refunds
Apple wants you to be thrilled with your new purchase. If you are dissatisfied with an item and need to return it, we're here to help.
Holiday Return Policy
Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 1, 2014 and December 25, 2014, may be returned through January 8, 2015. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2014 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.
Standard Return Policy
If you are dissatisfied with an item, you can request a return through Order Status. For eligible Mac, iPad, iPod, and third-party products, you have up to 15 calendar days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return.
Items ineligible for a return include:
- Opened memory
- Opened software*
- Electronic Software Downloads
- Print Products
- Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)
- Apple Gift Cards
- Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)
- Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)
* You may return software after rejecting the licensing terms, provided the software is not installed on a computer. However, software that contains a printed software license may not be returned if the seal or sticker on the software media packaging is broken.
iPhone and iPad Returns — Wireless Service Cancellation
Wireless carriers have different service cancellation policies. Returning your iPhone or iPad may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information.
How to Return
To return your item(s) to Apple, sign in to online Order Status with your Apple ID and password.
After you sign in, click the Edit Orders button to view your most recent order. Locate the item you want to return and click the Return Items link. On the next page, select the item(s) you would like to return and click the Continue button.
Next, verify the return item(s) and the return address on your address label. Once you have verified your return details, click the Print Now button to print your address label and packing slip. Affix the address label to the outside of your return box. If you have multiple items to return, you may pack them in a single box with the packing slip. We recommend using the original packaging if you are returning a computer.
Once we receive the item(s), we will issue a refund and send you a Return Receipt confirmation email.
Note: If you are returning an iPhone, refer to the iPhone Help page for details.
When to contact Apple
If you do not have an Apple ID, or the item you've received is incorrect or damaged, contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775.
Apple Store Customer Service representatives are available Monday - Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., or Saturday - Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pacific time.
Technical problems with your new product
If you're having trouble with your new Apple product, please visit online Product Support or contact AppleCare Technical Support before attempting a return. If AppleCare Technical Support cannot resolve your issue, contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 for a return.
If you're having trouble with a non-Apple product outside of Apple's 15 day return policy, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Once we receive your item(s), a refund is initiated immediately. The way your refund is processed depends on your original payment method.
- Credit card refunds will be sent to the card-issuing bank within five business days of receipt of the returned package. Please contact the card-issuing bank with questions about when the credit will be posted to your account.
- Apple Store Gift Card refunds for products purchased from the Apple Online Store will be provided via an Apple Store Gift Card by Email within 3 business days. If you’d like to receive an Apple Store Gift Card by Mail, please allow up to eight business days to receive your refund. If you are returning an item at an Apple Retail Store, you will receive a new Apple Store Gift Card.
- Cash payments will be refunded in the form of a check from Apple, which will be mailed to your billing address within 15 calendar days of receipt of the returned package.
Return and refund status
You can visit online Order Status to view your most up-to-date return and refund information.
If you want to read Apple's full Sales and Refunds policies for Canada, please visit the below links: