Payment & Pricing
Read about the variety of payment options offered on the Apple Online Store, and how the tax on your order is calculated. Pricing is in Canadian dollars and includes Customs fees as applicable. Also, get more information about special pricing, offers, promotions, and other great deals with limited time availability.
The Apple Online Store accepts a variety of payment methods. Click on a payment method below to find out more.
Some customers may qualify for other forms of payment. Please call an Apple Store Specialist at 1 800 MY-APPLE for more information.
Note: Some payment types are ineligible for orders shipping to multiple addresses. If you are using an ineligible payment type for an order shipping to multiple addresses, you will need to change the payment method, or ship your order to a single address.
Using more than one payment card
You can also combine payment methods to pay for your purchase. Choose from the following combinations of credit cards and Apple Store Gift Cards:
- Credit card - one only
- Apple Store Gift Card(s) - up to eight
- Apple Store Gift Card(s) + one credit card
Troubleshooting credit card payment errors
- If your card is new or recently reissued, make sure it has been activated.
- Double check the card type (for example, American Express), the account number and expiration date.
- Remove dashes or spaces from the account number.
- If everything seems to be correct, call the card issuer's customer service telephone number on the back of your card. Your credit card company may need to speak with you before they authorize your purchase.
To prevent any unnecessary delays processing your order, please ensure that the billing addresses on your order matches the information on your credit card account. If you have recently moved or are unsure whether you receive your credit card statement at your work or home address, please contact your card-issuing bank using the telephone number on the back of your credit card to confirm.
The card security code is a unique three or four digit number printed on the front (American Express) or back (MasterCard/Visa) of your card, in addition to the account number.
MasterCard and Visa:
When Apple charges your account
Apple receives authorization to charge your account prior to shipping your item(s). However, your card will only be charged after your order has shipped. If your order contains multiple items and they ship at different times, you may see multiple charges on your credit card statement.
My credit card was declined, can I re-authorize it?
If your order was not authorized online, please confirm you have correctly entered your credit card details and place your order again. If you still have difficulties please contact your credit card company to make them aware of your order.
If you have already received an order number but were informed by Apple that your card was declined, to prevent further delay of your order, please:
1. Contact your card provider to advise them that you have placed an order with Apple so that the payment can be processed.
2. Visit Order Status to verify your payment or to make changes to your payment information. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the status to update. If you placed your order without an Apple ID and wish to make changes to your payment information, please contact the Apple Store Customer Service team for assistance.
Credit cards accepted
Apple is unable to accept credit cards associated with a billing address outside of Canada.
In Canada, we accept:
- American Express
Apple Store Gift Card
You can redeem an Apple Store Gift Card at the online Apple Store, by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE, or at any Apple Store. Apple Store Gift Cards can be used only in Canada. With the exception of gift cards, certificates, and iTunes downloads, you can purchase just about anything sold by Apple, including products from both Apple and third-party makers.
You can use up to eight Apple Store Gift Cards at the Apple Online Store or if placing an order over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE. You can combine your Apple Store Gift Card(s) with one credit card to pay for your purchase. Simply enter or provide the PIN. On the plastic gift cards, the PIN you need to use can be found on the back under the scratch off area. On the electronic Apple Store Gift Cards, the PIN can be found on the email below the image of the card. Please keep the card in your possession until the order has been processed and delivered.
The Apple Store Gift Card is subject to applicable terms and conditions. For more information about how to redeem your Apple Store Gift Cards, visit How to Redeem Apple Store Gift Cards. To purchase an Apple Store Gift Card, click here.
To pay for your purchase using a Wire Transfer:
- Place your order with an Apple Store Specialist by phone at 1 800 MY-APPLE.
- Obtain the final dollar total of your order including tax and any applicable shipping charges from the Apple Store Specialist.
- Have your bank electronically transfer the total dollar amount of your order using the routing information below.
- Reference your Web Order Number with your payment.
- Allow 1 business day for the processing of your wire transfer.
Routing information Canada
Apple Canada Inc.
- Beneficiary: Apple Canada Inc. c/o Bank of America N.A, Canada Branch
- Financial institute number : 241
- Branch transmit number: 56792
- Account #: 46352240
- SWIFT CODE: BOFACATT
c/o Bank of America N.A, Canada Branch
200 Front Street West, Ste. 2600
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3L2
If you have any questions about your wire transfer, you can call 1-866-222-3456.
In accordance with local law, your Apple Online Store purchases will be taxed using the applicable tax rate(s) for your shipping address. If the tax rate changes before your purchase is shipped, the rate in effect at the time your order ships will apply.
Based on your shipping address, you may see a combination of these types of taxes on your order:
- PST/QST - Provincial Sales Tax and Quebec Sales Tax
- GST - Goods and Services Tax
- HST - Harmonized Sales Tax (GST + PST)
To place an order on behalf of a tax-exempt organization or individual, please call an Apple Store Specialist at 1 800 MY-APPLE. You will need to provide proof of tax-exempt status for the address where the product is being shipped. The organization or individual name on the order must exactly match the tax-exempt certificate.
Apple offers special pricing to students, teachers, administrators, and staff members. We also offer special pricing for home-schooling programs, pre-kindergarten, and purchases made on behalf of students.
If you live in Canada, visit the Canada Apple Store for Education to place your order for reduced prices on the full range of Mac computers, plus select third-party products. Please note that only orders placed on your country’s Apple Online Store for Education site are eligible for the special education pricing.
Visit the Product Promotions homepage for a list of limited-time offers. You can also view the Product Promotions FAQ to learn more about how to qualify for an Apple rebate, how to obtain a rebate check, where to mail required documents, and any Terms and Conditions for each promotion.
Promotional pricing is usually applied either at the time of your online purchase, or as a rebate after you receive your product. Rebates may also be available as a special offer from leading Macintosh software and accessory manufacturers, as well as from Apple directly.
To determine eligibility and how to qualify:
- Visit the Product Promotions homepage.
- Click the "Learn More" button for the promotion that interests you.
- Click the "Terms and Conditions Apply" link.
Submit a rebate
- Visit Apple's submission form homepage and click the "Learn More" button under the promotion you're interested in.
- Click the Mail-In Rebate link on the right side of the page, and the form will begin downloading.
- Mail the following items to the address on the form by the due date indicated:
- Printed and completed Apple Rebate Form
- Original UPC labels for all qualifying products
- All Shipment Notifications or Item Invoices from the eligible order - visit the Viewing & Changing Orders section of online Help to find out how to print an invoice of your order.
Check the status of a rebate
Once you have submitted the requested proof of purchase documents for your rebate, you can check your rebate status online. You’ll need the following pieces of information, which must be entered exactly as it appears on your submission form:
- Offer Number
- Phone Number
- Postal Code
- Approximate date your submission was mailed