Service and support from the people who know your Mac best
For up to three years from your computer’s original purchase date, the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support for questions about Apple hardware, OS X, iLife, and iWork. And you get local Apple hardware service around the world (1).
AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws. For details, click here.
The AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac provides up to three years of expert telephone technical support and additional hardware service options from Apple (1).
When you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan, just one phone call (2) can help answer questions on a wide range of topics, including how-to questions about iLife and iWork and more. You can even get local repair service when you visit other countries around the world.
One stop for expert technical support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Here's what you get:
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Onsite repair: Request that a technician come to your work site
- Local Apple hardware service around the world
Additional Apple hardware service options
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides up to three years of additional hardware service options,, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world — perfect whether you work at a desk or travel with your Mac. Apple hardware coverage includes:
- Your Mac computer
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort Express Base Station, AirPort Extreme Base Station, and Time Capsule3
- Apple USB SuperDrive (for MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air, and Mac mini only)
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
Software support included
Whether you're sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of Mac topics, including:
- Using the OS X operating system
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
What's in the Box?
- Getting started guide
- Terms and conditions
- 1. The AppleCare Protection Plan must be purchased within 12 months of the original purchase date of your Mac and provides up to three years of additional service options from the original purchase date of your Mac.
- 2. Local telephone fees may apply. Availability of service options depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Products returned for service may be repaired or replaced with parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
- 3. The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms at www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appgeos.html
For Mac computers running OS X Server, the plan covers server administration and network management issues using the graphical user interface of OS X Server. For advanced server operation and integration issues, purchase AppleCare OS Support
For additional product details, read frequently asked questions