OverviewThe compact Epson Expression Home XP-400 printer makes it a snap to scan and archive important documents, quickly produce color copies, and use the built-in image enhancement tools to get perfect prints, every time. It also provides hassle-free wireless printing directly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod thanks to AirPrint. Or you can use Epson Connect wireless technology. The Expression Home XP-400 even offers card slots for printing without a computer.
- Epson Connect with AirPrint for instant wireless printing of photos and attachments from iOS devices
- Small-in-One saves space while delivering great performance
- Wireless printing and scanning so everyone in your house can share it
- Print photos without a computer using built-in card slots and large 2.5-inch color LCD
- Easy setup and control with intuitive touch panel
- Effortless connection to your wireless network
- Individual ink cartridges, available in a convenient variety of sizes
- Better images automatically with red-eye removal, photo restoration, and more
Did you notice?AirPrint-enabled so you can print wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch—no need to install drivers.
Apple Recommends ForPrint and scan from any Mac in your house using your Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- Epson Expression Home XP-400 Small-in-One printer
- Instruction booklets
- CD-ROM with drivers and bonus software
- Power cord
- Four DURABrite Ultra ink cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Color resolution : 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Connections : AirPrint ,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Height : 5.7 in./14.5 cm
- Width : 15.4 in./39.1 cm
- Weight : 9 lb./4.1 kg
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, v10.6.x, v10.7.x
- Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/XP x64
- Mfr. Part Number : C11CC07201
- UPC or EAN No. : 9314020612107
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Looked like a good buy
This printer looked like a good buy. I simply wanted to stop paying for printer cartridges from my last printer (HP). I also neede d wireless printing especially with my wife's ipad (AirPrint). So far so good. I love it, it's absolutely quiet too!! Easy install. …
- Written by Edgar M from Albuquerque
932 of 976 people found this useful
Quick & Easy Setup!
I brought this printer home from an office supply store. Plugged it in. Installed the included ink cartridges. Selected the east w i-fi setup option. Entered wi-fi password. Printed from my iPad! It was THAT simple! I love it!! And it does what my old printer did in less space. Definitely worth the price, which is great anyway! …
- Written by Karisse D from West Carrollton
771 of 815 people found this useful
A Great Little Printer...
I'm so happy with this printer!! The set-up for it went so quickly and easy. A USB cord was not needed at all. It is great to fi nally be able to print something right from my iPhone or my iMac. The ink cartridges are smaller, but I don't find that a big issue. …
- Written by Sue S from Andover
601 of 666 people found this useful
Just purchased my Epson Xp400 tonight! Two words "easy" and "simple" installment! Easiest and convenient set up process, took 30 minutes to set up could have been faster but of course I had to remove our late 99' printer we had and dismantle wires. No trouble printing from iPhone or wirelessly. Absolutely amazing and convenient for everyone in my household!
Definitely will recommend this printer to my parents =) …
- Written by Candace T from Honolulu
2 of 2 people found this useful
Purchased With No Regrets!
I read the reviews before purchasing my Epson XP Small-in One Printer and I have no regrets. The only drawback was that it only ca me in black and its too high, six inches to be exact. It needs to be a little bit more smaller. It's not to heavy though, because I brought it in Manhattan and had to take the train home to Brooklyn. Setting up was very easy; I read the instructions first, then again as I went step by step setting it up. The print quality is absolutely great. No regrets! …
- Written by Ira S from brooklyn
4 of 4 people found this useful
Keep getting error when trying to print test page during set up
Set up was going fine until the final step of printing a test page. When I click to "print test page" the process starts, says tha t it is "printing," but then as the paper starts to feed, it stops (not jammed, just stops) and I get a "printing error "message (not explaining the error, which is not helpful) telling me that I need to turn off the printer and turn it on again. Have done that 10 times, and same thing. The copy function works fine, so the paper will roll through, just not when I print from computer. Can't find anything helpful in troubleshooting materials.
So, having spent an hour trying to print a test page and still being without a functional printer, I must give this product, at least for the moment, the lowest grade because it has just been a source of frustration. Will give customer support a chance when the phone lines open up. if that does not work, will return it tomorrow. …
- Written by Jodi M from Overland Park
12 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
If I only have an ipad, and no PC, can I set up this printer on my home wifi, without installing anything on a PC, and print from my ipad?
- Asked by Kimberly W from Nevada City
yes you can as its airprint enabled
you can also download various printing apps from either epson o r eurosmartz if you want …
- Answered by Claire S from Ventnor
- Asked by Nhu L from El Monte
No answers yet
- Asked by Keneshea H from Delhi
No answers yet
- Asked by Kevin C from Lindenhurst
Absolutely. And if newer drivers are needed, OS 10.8.3 will obtain them automatically over the inter net. …
- Answered by David B from Sacramento
- Asked by Paula G from Homer
I have a data plan (Verizon Cellular) on my iPad with no wifi but I needed a router (I used the Airp ort Apple router) to set up communication between my iPad and the printer. I have done this. However, once I have downloaded what I want printed from my data plan I have to shut down the data plan and just let the printer and iPad "talk" to each other through the router in order to print. You will first need to set up your router-iPad communication and then the printer . I called Apple customer service first, then I called Epson customer service. These two sources helped me set it up. I bought both items (air printer and Airport Router) from Apple so I could easily return either if I couldn't figure it out. Call Apple before buying anything and they will explain it. I had to call more than once to get the most knowledgeable person.
Hope this helps. …
- Answered by Theresa J G from New York
No. Although I was not able to find any official documentation that specified supported wi-fi bands , I was not able to find my 5Ghz wireless network and had to connect to my 2.4ghz network. By the way, connecting the printer to wi-fi from the printer's touch screen menu was a breeze. …
- Answered by Marlon Y from Brooklyn