The Belkin WeMo Switch and the free WeMo app work together to let you turn electronics on or off from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch wherever you are. No matter if it's a lamp, a fan, or a stereo, you can activate it or put it on a schedule. WeMo uses your home Wi-Fi network, and also operates over mobile Internet – so you can control things even when you're travelling. WeMo is completely modular, allowing you to control as much or as little of your house as you like. All it requires is that your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is running iOS 5 or later.
- Works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
- Modular system – easily add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors at any time
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, whether you're at home or away
- Intuitive, easy setup and use
- Put your home electronics on a schedule, telling them when to come on and when to turn off
- Free WeMo app
Did you notice?The free WeMo app adds remote home control functionality to your iOS devices.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your electronics on or off – from anywhere – using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and your home Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin WeMo Switch
- User manual
- Mfr. Part Number : F7C027fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No. : 722868900857
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Simple app controlled outlet
This is a simple way to control a power outlet via an app. Take the switch out of the box, plug it into a power outlet, set your wifi to the WeMo, configure it in the app, hit the "done" button after the app finds it, and then you can turn the outlet on/off or make timer rules for it to go on and/or off. I'm using it to control an air conditioner, so I can turn it on about an hour before I get home, so it'll be nice and cool. Additional security features would be an improvement ... anyone on the same SSID with the WeMo app can control any outlet on that network. …
- Written by Chi L from Mineola
141 of 159 people found this useful
Great Product. Wanting more now...
I just got home with my new WeMo switch. Easy to hook up. Secure once married to your wireless network. I wasn't sure it would wor k away from home, but it works awesome over 3G / 4G with my VPN to home. It is like I am just there at home.
Wish it was a little cheaper in price, but works as advertised. The rules work good. I was worried the app would have to stay open to make it turn on and off with a rule. It looks like the switch has some smarts and knows what time it is.
Now I want about 10 more for the house. …
- Written by Jared C from Ontario
120 of 142 people found this useful
Nifty little switch
I have to hand it to Belkin, the WeMo Switch is a pretty nifty little device. The device itself is a little bigger than I was expe cting, but setup was a lot simpler than expected. I had no problems getting it up and running, nor connecting it with IFTTT, which was a very nice surprise to see. Plain and simple, it's a very simple device with a fair amount of potential. That said, it /is/ a little limited in what it can do right now, hence the 4/5. Other than that, no issues with it at all. …
- Written by Stephen W from Philadelphia
102 of 115 people found this useful
Wemo stopped working
I have 3 WEMO switches, all was fine until I decided to upgrade to an Airport Extreme Timecapsule today. I go the TC working very quickly and have both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks working. My Apple TV, iPhone 5 and iPad work well. Plus my Macbook Pro is connected at about 450Mbps! Time for the Wemo devices - I reset them all to default and my iPhone 5 can detect them. Once I have configured them they fail to appear as a Wemo device, apart from on my old HTC desire S. C'mon Apple - it must be down to you guys? …
- Written by Neil B from Reading
Does not work.
The app doesn't detect the device. I have to unplug the thing every time I want it to work which kind of negates the point of the whole exercise, being switching on and off remotely. And I paid €50, not $50!! Fool me once shame on you.... You're not fooling me twice. Bad Belkin. …
- Written by Timothy J from Getafe
1 of 2 people found this useful
Very hard to set up
When you finally get it working it does what it says on the tin, but this was a difficult experience and the Wemo app is buggy
- Written by Rodney J from Sydney
0 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Martin F from Plano
Yes, you just have to install the app on each device. We currently have it running on two iphones a nd 1 ipod touch. …
- Answered by Abcd A from Rockville
Yes, the app is compatible, keeping in mind that it is an iPhone app. It will run just fine on your iPad4 but does not have a proper iPad interface (yet?). If you use Instagram on your iPad4 you'll know what I mean, it's the same kind of thing. …
- Answered by Milorad I from Frankston
- Asked by Gerry D from Calgary
- Answered by J Avril O from Dublin 6
- Asked by Said M from Markham
I ordered the Belkin WeMo Switch from the Apple Australia store, and it works fine in Australia.
Tested it out on a string of Christmas lights. Australian plug format, Australian voltage. The Apple Store is just a bit lazy with showing the US plug. In fact, so is the WeMo App for iPhone - it also shows the US plug in the default icon, but the app works fine.
Specs on the Australian box are - 240V / 10A / 50Hz / 2400W …
- Answered by George D from Warrimoo