The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm colour* using affordable, individual inks. Plus, it's AirPrint enabled so you can print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable colour printing. And with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- AirPrint-enabled for wireless printing from iOS devices
- Efficient web connectivity – even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 10.9 cm CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality colour printing from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide and CD-ROMs
- Display Size: 10.9 cm
- Connections: AirPrint ,Ethernet,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick,Memory Stick Duo,Memory Stick Pro,MicroSD,MicroSDHC,MiniSD,MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1),RS-MMC,SD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy,Scanner
- Height: 315 mm/12.40 in.
- Width: 492.8 mm/19.40 in.
- Weight: 12.62 kg
- Length: 414 mm/16.30 in.
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 2
- Max Paper Size: A4
- Min Paper Size: 7.6 x 12.7 cm
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder,Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing,Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300 MB free space
- 256 MB
- Available USB port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB free space
- 1 GB
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111607440
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our family of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
213 of 227 people found this useful
Great all-rounder for the office
This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other offi This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other office printers) - it is very fast and is AirPrint compatible. You could also scan-to-email or scan-to-network-folder directly from the printer's control panel …
- Written by Winfried T from DETTENHAUSEN
163 of 174 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
152 of 163 people found this useful
I agree with all the negative reviews
I had had an older but similar version of this HP. It worked fine for my husband on his non-mac but didn't work well for my daugh I had had an older but similar version of this HP. It worked fine for my husband on his non-mac but didn't work well for my daughter and I with our macs. I wanted a new printer and much to my horror he bought yet another HP . Seemed he believed everything the sales rep said but nothing I said! This printer has wasted hours of my time. I have had 2 network techie people here who can't figure out why it won't print wireless. I don't mind using a hardwire for printing but that doesn't solve the impossibility of getting it to scan. Even hardwired, the scanner can't seem to find the computer. Aside from hours wasted trying to get it to san, I have also spent over 2 hours on the phone with HP. Nothing was resolved except in the end, they blamed the problem on Apple. I am ready to throw this piece of junk out the window. …
- Written by Diane F from Louisville
3 of 3 people found this useful
Good printer but expensive to run if you are going to print a lot
Its a very good printer. It has everything you need. You can print straight from your iPad or iPhone. It connects straight to all Its a very good printer. It has everything you need. You can print straight from your iPad or iPhone. It connects straight to all your Apple devices so easily. What takes 30 minutes of set up time on a PC, takes you literally 10 seconds on any Mac or iPhone, iPad, etc. I mean thats just awesome!
However it costs a lot to print if you are going to print thousands of papers. However for a SOHO or Student, its perfect. I bought one for my dad who isn't really that IT-centric but uses it all the time.
Good printer but expensive to run for a lot of printing. …
- Written by Hashem O from Broadmeadows
Too many bugs
The scan/email functions won't work after a few months and HP cannot resolve the issues. However, they will consume hours of your The scan/email functions won't work after a few months and HP cannot resolve the issues. However, they will consume hours of your precious time with tech support that ends with no resolution.
Don't buy this printer. …
- Written by John M from North Hills
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Yes you may put the book or mag down flat on the scanner and press scan
- Answered by Jack D from Brisbane
is the printer capable of printing from iPad2 using my Verizon MyFi Hot Spot?
- Asked by Averill M from Veneta
No answers yet
Is this printer capable of double-sided printing?
- Asked by Aimee R from Centerville
- Answered by Amy B from Bellbrook
I cannot find ink for this printer where can I buy it from
- Asked by Doreen S
From HP or from amazon.
- Answered by Philip B
Does this all in one scan from the document feeder
- Asked by Ian B
Yes, it will scan from the feeder or the glass.
- Answered by Christian R from Ponte Vedra Beach