The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm colour* using affordable, individual inks. Plus, it's AirPrint enabled so you can print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable colour printing. And with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- AirPrint-enabled for wireless printing from iOS devices
- Efficient web connectivity – even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 10.9 cm CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality colour printing from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide and CD-ROMs
- Color resolution : Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Connections : AirPrint ,Ethernet,USB 2.0,Wireless
- Height : 315 mm/12.40 in.
- Width : 492.8 mm/19.40 in.
- Weight : 12.62 kg
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300 MB free space
- 256 MB
- Available USB port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB free space
- 1 GB
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number : CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No. : 886111607440
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami ly of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
175 of 186 people found this useful
Great all-rounder for the office
This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other offi ce printers) - it is very fast and is AirPrint compatible. You could also scan-to-email or scan-to-network-folder directly from the printer's control panel …
- Written by Winfried T from DETTENHAUSEN
147 of 158 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
110 of 118 people found this useful
8600 - a dog of a printer
This printer is terrible. It printed the first time wirelessly and never has since. Goes to sleep & won't wake up: has to be turne d off at the wall before it will work. Even then the temperamental touchscreen will only work if you sacrifice to it. Took it back to the store (in the warranty period) and they weren't interested - claimed I should just up date the software. Don't touch this printer: don't go near it. …
- Written by Jon S from Woonona
Best printer ever
Have been the proud owner of this printer for a couple of months & I have to say its the best printer I have ever used. Previously owned an Epson & within months I had problems. Thanks HP for bring out the most efficient, cost saving printer ever. …
- Written by Cathy G from Coffs Harbour
Better and cheeper than laser printing. It's the best printer I've ever used. All the additional features, with its obvious functi onality make it a great buy! …
- Written by Jack B from Brighton & Hove
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Scott H from Toledo
No answers yet
- Asked by Ian B
Yes, it will scan from the feeder or the glass.
- Answered by Christian R from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Asked by Doreen S
From HP or from amazon.
- Answered by Philip B
The official HP site indicates that the machine supports "automatic two-sided printing, scanning and copying". I haven't personally tried it. …
- Answered by Alexandru S from Orpington
- Asked by Toni D from Deland
Toni, the instructions are in the Apple's Support section. Unfortunately I cannot attach a link, so please go to the Apple site, click on Support in the toolbar, select the iPad then select from the left list "Features". In the right list there should be some articles, one of them being called "AirPrint 101". That should give you all the details (including the compatible printers). …
- Answered by Alexandru S from Orpington