Questions & Answers for Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
398 Questions from the Community
is this cable active or passive?
- Asked by Jake B from Highland Park
- Flag as inappropriate (is this cable active or passive?)
Is adaptor for cinema display available?
I have Apple macbook pro and cinema display as second monitor.
I wasnt to use the cinema display in portrait mode.
the Grey Ergotron Neoflex WideScreen LCD Display Lift Stand 33-321-057 requires a special adaptro from Apple.
IS this available, what is the cost?
Does Apple have its own solution for this purpose? I do not necessarily need capability for back and forth rotation.
- Asked by Andre V
- Flag as inappropriate (Is adaptor for cinema display available?)
Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter $29.00 MB570Z/A
- Answered by Kathleen M C from Rochester Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is adaptor for cinema display available?)
Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video
My old MacBook I had a Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter, it was the most handy thing ever. I travel a lot and connect to many different TVs, Composite cable is the most common and easy to use. Especially when TVs are bridged together. But I can't find anything like that for the MacBook "Pro"? What can I do? I really need Composite video capabilities.
- Asked by Matthew M from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect using Composite (RCA) and/or S-Video)
2007 20inch i mac to vizio hdtv what cables to use tv as monitor for movies
- Asked by Dawn G from Danielsville
- Flag as inappropriate (2007 20inch i mac to vizio hdtv what cables to use tv as monitor for movies)
how long is the cable?
i have a late 2009 iMac and i also have a new 42" LG TV and i was wondering how long the cable was because my computer is about 5 feet away from my TV so i need to know how long the cable is before i by it.
- Asked by Robert C from Parma
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the cable?)
What cable do I need to connect my macbook air to an external display so that i can present powerpoint presentations through an external display?
No answers yet
how to connect a macbook air to a projeter?
- Asked by Peter B from Fort Lee
- Flag as inappropriate (how to connect a macbook air to a projeter?)
what output port is used to connect a mac mini to a vga monitor?
- Asked by Barry C from Rhinebeck
- Flag as inappropriate (what output port is used to connect a mac mini to a vga monitor?)
can i use this to connect my macbook pro 2011 15 inch i7 to a projector?
- Asked by Amit K from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect my macbook pro 2011 15 inch i7 to a projector?)
Does a MiniDisplay Port to VGA Adaptor combatible with the combination of MacBook Pro 13 inch and a HP Monitor?
I want to buy a MiniDisplay Port to VGA Adaptor and plug it to a HP monitor with my MacBook Pro 13 inch.
I have a new MacBook Pro - can I use this adaptor to connect via a VGA cable to the VGA PC In port on my Samsung Smart LED TV
How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?
Can I use one of these Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapters on each of the iMac's Thunderbolt ports? I have my old iMac directly driving a second monitor and a couple extra screens over Ethernet but a direct connection sounds better.
- Asked by Michael M from Cedar City
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I use on a 2011 27" iMac with dual Thunderbolt ports?)
Is there an adapter to connect an iPhone 3 or 4 to a multimedia projector?
I have an iPhone4 and would like to hook it up to a multimedia projector. I know the MC552ZM/B adapter will work with an iPad2 for the same purpose, but I have not been successful in using the same adapter with my iPhone and the projector.
- Asked by Alice H from Harlingen
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to connect an iPhone 3 or 4 to a multimedia projector?)
Apple Cinema HD Display: Resolution: 1920 x 1200 Depth: 32-Bit Color
I have an Apple Cinema HD Display: Resolution: 1920 x 1200 Depth: 32-Bit Color which is connected to a G5 PPC through which it is powered. Can I use this, for example, in conjunction with a new Intel power book? How do I power the screen.? Will thunderbolt work with this screen?
- Asked by John S
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Cinema HD Display: Resolution: 1920 x 1200 Depth: 32-Bit Color)
No. You need a Mini Display Port to VGA adapter.
- Answered by David O from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (the vga connection on the monitor indicates VGA 15 pin mini Dsub. Does this connect to my Mac Pro?)
I am using imac, OS version 10.6.8. I could not find a new fax modem at the on line Apple Store. The answer for my question at on-line support was Express Modem Card installation, but I don't think it applies to imac model at all. So, I don't know what's solution for sending and receiving fax in imac computer, if any. I am a PC user, and imac is my first Apple computer. Thanks.
Loc The Le
- Asked by Loc L from Sacramento
- Flag as inappropriate (fax modem)
I want to connect my MacBook Pro (Brand New) to my Receiver through hdmi to receive audio & video signals at same time 1 cord and get audio/video ??
I have a home surround receiver that up converts video ( 3 hdmi ins 1 out to tv). So i send the cable ( from wall ) service signal first to it then to tv. I want to send the MacBook Pro ( 13" & 15" brand new 2011) audio & video from mini dvi to receiver using just 1 one cable from laptop. Not using the earphone jack so i can get true surround sound from laptop and video signals. I have seen 1 on Newegg site do you have compatible cable/adaptor??
No answers yet
How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?
I assume I use the mini display port to VGA adapter, but I am not sure how to proceed from there.
- Asked by Lloyd H from Eugene
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my early 2009 iMac with mini display port to an analog television with s-video and rca inputs?)